IGNORED

Screen jumping on some devices

gregtpal

On 12/31/2020 at 1:55 PM, BowhunterNJ said:

The other thing I want to reinforce is that with the now fixed configuration, new members must post 3 pieces of content (topic, reply, etc) in order to gain PM privileges.  This gives us all an opportunity to review their content and react to it, and it also removes their ability to be inactive to the public eye (where many of us would see the likelihood of their spamming nature) since they can't privately PM any members.

Good move...any chance we can at least slow down the super annoying screen shift on the mobile app next??

31 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Good move...any chance we can at least slow down the super annoying screen shift on the mobile app next??

What's the screen shift issue?  Something worth noting is that the links will automatically "jump" to the first unread post.  So the site keeps track of what you've read/seen and then when you return to a topic it will "jump" to where you left off to save you from having to scroll and find it.  Is that what you are experiencing or is it something else?

22 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

What's the screen shift issue?  Something worth noting is that the links will automatically "jump" to the first unread post.  So the site keeps track of what you've read/seen and then when you return to a topic it will "jump" to where you left off to save you from having to scroll and find it.  Is that what you are experiencing or is it something else?

The jump to unread feature is great.  On the mobile app, I often find my self clicking ad or other unintended links when trying to click a specific link.  I have a general understanding of the necessity for click revenue on free web sites but it seems a bit too much.  I'm using Mozilla if that matters.  Pretty sure as a content provider, you don't want too many clicks that don't result in follow thru anyway 

34 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

The jump to unread feature is great.  On the mobile app, I often find my self clicking ad or other unintended links when trying to click a specific link.  I have a general understanding of the necessity for click revenue on free web sites but it seems a bit too much.  I'm using Mozilla if that matters.  Pretty sure as a content provider, you don't want too many clicks that don't result in follow thru anyway 

So on desktop it doesn't jump around but on mobile it does?  Can you send me the device and browser info for where you're experiencing jumping around.  I can report it.  That shouldn't happen and should be correctable.

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

So on desktop it doesn't jump around but on mobile it does?  Can you send me the device and browser info for where you're experiencing jumping around.  I can report it.  That shouldn't happen and should be correctable.

I'm using firefox on a Samsung galaxy s8+.   Anyone else seeing this on mobile app?

18 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

And to confirm it does not happen for you on other devices?  Just on that one?  

I only use desktop & mobile on 1 device each so dont know.  That's why I asked if it anyone else had similar on their mobile device .  Could just be my device if no else has similar.

Edited by gregtpal
correction

47 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

I'm using firefox on a Samsung galaxy s8+.   Anyone else seeing this on mobile app?

I have a Galaxy S10+ and I know the exact jump or shift you're referring to. You can attempt to click a post, and when you do, it somehow registers that you clicked an ad link no where near the post you intended to click. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

I have a Galaxy S10+ and I know the exact jump or shift you're referring to. You can attempt to click a post, and when you do, it somehow registers that you clicked an ad link no where near the post you intended to click. 

Yeah that's no good.  I'll report this and see what they can determine.  I don't want to user's perception to be they are being forced to click something they didn't intend on.