IGNORED

NICs

Bought gun on Saturday and they called last night and said complete.   Also put in for pistol permits and my local PD called and said ready in less than a week.  State police background check was done in less than 12 hrs after pistol permits submitted.

1 minute ago, Tuck said:

Bought gun on Saturday and they called last night and said complete.   Also put in for pistol permits and my local PD called and said ready in less than a week.  State police background check was done in less than 12 hrs after pistol permits submitted.

Sounds about right. Website says they are working on Sunday's applications.

I put in for a pistol permit on 1/1 through my state police barracks.  My references completed their part that day and I got the confirmation emails immediately.  On 1/2 I got the confirmation that my Criminal History Check was completed.  Haven't received any further communication yet.  Is this normal with the new system?   I haven't done this in a couple years and it was all still actual paperwork the last time

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I put in for a pistol permit on 1/1 through my state police barracks.  My references completed their part that day and I got the confirmation emails immediately.  On 1/2 I got the confirmation that my Criminal History Check was completed.  Haven't received any further communication yet.  Is this normal with the new system?   I haven't done this in a couple years and it was all still actual paperwork the last time

You will receive an email when the online process has been completed.  You take that email to the FFL and they go online to complete the sales transaction.  I did this recently.  Was the first one in my town to go through it and the first online permit the FFL had to do.

However, when you go to purchase they have to do a NICS check on you, and that check will take another week.  Learned that the hard way too.  It takes up to 14 days in NJ to purchase a pistol.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I put in on 1 5 same thing state police check done in 12 hours but the police department still does their check.  So they are probly doing the 2nd  part

2 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You will receive an email when the online process has been completed.  You take that email to the FFL and they go online to complete the sales transaction.  I did this recently.  Was the first one in my town to go through it and the first online permit the FFL had to do.

However, when you go to purchase they have to do a NICS check on you, and that check will take another week.  Learned that the hard way too.  It takes up to 14 days in NJ to purchase a pistol.

Thanks Tim. 

So what happens when I go to my FFL to order the pistol and say it takes longer than 90 days to come in.  Do I need to apply for an extension or does the date I order the gun count as the purchase date?   

Is there a faster way to do it nowadays?  A site to buy from that you like, etc?

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

I put in on 1 5 same thing state police check done in 12 hours but the police department still does their check.  So they are probly doing the 2nd  part

Gotcha.  Thanks for the input.  

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Thanks Tim. 

So what happens when I go to my FFL to order the pistol and say it takes longer than 90 days to come in.  Do I need to apply for an extension or does the date I order the gun count as the purchase date?   

Is there a faster way to do it nowadays?  A site to buy from that you like, etc?

Gotcha.  Thanks for the input.  

You ALWAYS order the gun first and then go through the permit process.  Your FFL will hold onto it, and they are used to people waiting on permits.  You don't need a permit to order to buy online, only to take possession of it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

22 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You ALWAYS order the gun first and then go through the permit process.  Your FFL will hold onto it, and they are used to people waiting on permits.  You don't need a permit to order to buy online, only to take possession of it.

I usually just buy shit off the shelf, but that was back in the day when gun stores weren't barren wastelands.  I'm in the middle of a workout right now, so I'm going to text you in a sec