IGNORED

Bowmar nose button?

GoodOleBoysinPA

Interesting. I shot recurves most of my life instinctively. Basically a snapshooter as my draw lengh was 31.5. when I anchored fingers in the mouth and my thumb touched my ear lobe,let er rip. Seems like a good idea but like anything take a lot of practice. 👍

https://bowmararchery.com/products/bowmar-nose-button

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

32 minutes ago, Hetley75 said:

I read a lot about these and for 15 bucks said what the hell let me try one and see what the hype is about. In my opinion it has improved my shooting. Not so much on the ground but from above.

Make sure you're bending from the waist when you're shooting out of treestand.   You can even bend your front knee a little.  Most common mistake is dropping the bow arm and that changes your anchor point.  The nose button is a good reminder tool that can help with that, but burn it in to your mind to bend at the waist 

Make sure you're bending from the waist when you're shooting out of treestand.   You can even bend your front knee a little.  Most common mistake is dropping the bow arm and that changes your anchor point.  The nose button is a good reminder tool that can help with that, but burn it in to your mind to bend at the waist 

Yeah I usually do but missed a few because of this and knew right away why. To me this just helps in those situations when they pop
Up out of nowhere.

I was considering this, the kisser is not that helpful in the cold weather when you have on a heavy balaclava.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cool thing about the nose button it comes with 2. A smaller one for target and a larger one for hunting. You can really feel it on your nose even with a mask on. I have a kisser on my bow and this. Can’t hurt.

• 6 months later...

Cool thing about the nose button it comes with 2. A smaller one for target and a larger one for hunting. You can really feel it on your nose even with a mask on. I have a kisser on my bow and this. Can’t hurt.
Just checking in to see if you still like the nose button. Thinking about picking one up

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Its just another anchor point which is a good thing if set properly.  With proper form, correct draw length (most shoot too long of draw length), properly set peep with aligning sight ring, and a properly set bubble, you should never need a kisser or nose button but cant ever hurt to have it

The concept is pretty simple and I have been using the nose button for two years now.  I switch between a hand held and wrist release often and the nose button keeps me in line with my peep and sight housing.  I did find that it has helped in tightening up my groups at longer range.  Just my $00.02.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, Rjtfd said:

No different than a kisser button. Anchor point has to be consistent if you want to consistently hit same spot on target. Some guys struggle with a consistent anchor especially when they have a deer in front of them. Like everything else you have to be consistent to get same results over and over. 

Totally different than a kisser button. Kisser helps with anchor, nose button helps with head positioning.