IGNORED

online ammo purchase - shipping to NJ?

GregN

2 minutes ago, GregN said:

Thanks for all of feedback fellas..very much appreciated.  Unfortunately, it does't seem like this issue is going away anytime soon.

Greg

With Democrats in this state and now running the federal government, expect it to get worse.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

There are plenty shops on the internet that will ship the problem is finding one with ANY AMMO TO SHIP :)

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

• 1 year later...

Can ammo be ordered online and shipped to NJ address? I found shotgun ammo for turkey season and I don’t see anywhere that they won’t ship? Other online sites say they won’t ship to NJ or NY. Before I order I don’t want to find out it’s illegal and have someone knocking on my door. 
Thanks

Edited by Rjtfd

Just now, Rjtfd said:

Can ammo be ordered online and shipped to NJ address? I found shotgun ammo for turkey season and I don’t see anywhere that they won’t ship? Other online sites say they won’t ship to NJ or NY. 
Thanks

Some suppliers do and some don’t. From what I understand, all can, but some don’t feel it’s worth the legal hassles they may face. Midway USA has always shipped to me when I order online. I also use Nosler Custom ammo, and they also ship to NJ no issues. 

12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Some suppliers do and some don’t. From what I understand, all can, but some don’t feel it’s worth the legal hassles they may face. Midway USA has always shipped to me when I order online. I also use Nosler Custom ammo, and they also ship to NJ no issues. 

Thank you 

I used to buy ammo and get it shipped from Cabela’s but mainly from Academy Sports.  Neither of them ship ammo (not even shotgun shells) to NJ anymore. I literally complained so much that they had a corporate legal department supervisor call me to explain why. It’s not just a generic “we’re scared of NJ laws or lawsuits.” It specifically had to do with NJ banning the purchase or possession of armor piercing ammunition. Because of this, the legal advice to these companies was to not take it upon themselves to differentiate between which of their products are armor piercing or not so they decided not to ship ANY ammo. I still fought because of how ridiculous that is when you’re talking about CLAY TARGET LOADS!!! (that’s what I was constantly buying in bulk from them) which you don’t even need an FID to purchase in NJ, let alone to ship… but my complaints obviously fell on deaf ears. It was basically identical conversations with both companies. 

I had a couple of different orders of ammo shipped into NJ from the Mid-West in November. It will be more expensive having it shipped. But with the price of gasoline today, it works out to about the same overall cost than driving two hours round trip looking for it.

Edited by trapoholic