Deer Harvest and Ameristep One Man Blind Field report 13 Jan 2021

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

They make single seat. Smaller but just as comcortable

Right... then @smitttymentioned an XL version, which I didn't know they had... I looked it up, and it comes with a couch instead of a chair :) I am wondering with the extra width if it opens up shots to the left and right (rather than just really having shots between 10 and 2 o'clock). I also wonder if the extra size gives you extra room all around.

44 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Right... then @smitttymentioned an XL version, which I didn't know they had... I looked it up, and it comes with a couch instead of a chair :) I am wondering with the extra width if it opens up shots to the left and right (rather than just really having shots between 10 and 2 o'clock). I also wonder if the extra size gives you extra room all around.

No just more comfortable you still have the overhead that limits you to 10-2. It a great tool and has come in handy at time I love how it carry’s in so easy and a minute or two your in it hunting

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Wow, I didn't know that... check it out! It's like a couch in there :) I am going to seriously consider this one for this upcoming turkey season. Lot of room with the double-chair.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ameristep-deluxe-2-person-tent-chair-blind?a=2230944

717784m4_ts.jpg

I am not sure I would like the double chair, it appears the two individual seats are smaller than the one seat in the Single man blind, it would be great if the double seat did not have bar in the middle I am sure that would hurt to sit on.

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

I tried to find the xl  blind but could not do you have a link you could send me I would like to look at the specs.

29 minutes ago, bushden said:

I am not sure I would like the double chair, it appears the two individual seats are smaller than the one seat in the Single man blind, it would be great if the double seat did not have bar in the middle I am sure that would hurt to sit on.

Trust me I have bolth go with the two man here’s why the smaller one there’s no where to put a pac or quiver etc. And then there is the extra shoulder room and you don’t sit in the middle. It’s not noticeable that much heavier same easy one minute set up 

thanks for the review @bushden - great post! And I appreciate the additional input @smittty... I'm going to look into getting the bigger one for this turkey season. I already was thinking about the single-seat one.. but having the "couch" version looks even better while maintaining the mobility. I've been taking a doghouse blind out with me the past few years - but then that means I have to take a chair, too... AND I need to take the time to stake it down because the doghouse doesn't stay up without being staked. Just seems like this chair-blind would be a more mobile setup especially in the rain (and that's when do this blind setup) when you want to get setup quickly.

40 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

OK I did see this one I thought XL ment a larger 1 person blind. I might order one of these just to critique it and if I like it keep it if not send it back. AMAZON has them same price as sportsman guide with next day shipping and they are great with returns. Its $121.54 next day delivery in NJ  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0869C8XZ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

9 minutes ago, bushden said:

OK I did see this one I thought XL ment a larger 1 person blind. I might order one of these just to critique it and if I like it keep it if not send it back. AMAZON has them same price as sportsman guide with next day shipping and they are great with returns. Its $121.54 next day delivery in NJ  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0869C8XZ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Rogers has them on sale 99.99 free shipping