Deer Harvest and Ameristep One Man Blind Field report 13 Jan 2021

It was a good successful afternoon hunt that ended in the harvest of my last quota deer for the year..  I took out the Amerstep 1 Man blind like I said I would and here is the BLIND REPORT.

DEER REPORT WILL BE AFTER THE BLIND REPORT

1.  Blind setup was simple took less than 2 minutes to set up

2.  I found to my surprise that it had 5 windows instead of the three I originally reported, view through front great, side views OK  but are to close to chair to turn and put gun out window. You could see 180 degrees but only shoot in front between 10 oclock and 2 oclock.

3.  The Roof was only a few inches above my head, now you would think thats plenty of room but it is not, if you have to urinate there is not enough room to get up and pull willy out, you either have to get on knees and go lift the top of blind over you (NOT GOOD). Kneeling would not be bad if ground was dry but it was muddy and I had to kneel in the mud to go.

4. An adjustable shooting stick is a must because there is no comfortable place to put the gun except barrel on shooting stick and butt stock angled in chair cup holder

5  Blind has two zip pockets for putting your stuff in, they came in handy for Bino's and Range finder.

6.  Blind was easy to carry in, I do not know weight but it did not weight much more that Savage 220.

7.  Chair was wide enough but like all those portable foldup chairs if you had to sit in it for more than two hours the support bars under your thighs start to annoy you.

OVERALL I WOULD RATE THE BLIND FAIR TO GOOD. It is much improved from the last one man blind I had. It would be great for 1 man turkey hunts  but the only easy shot is straight ahead, a side shot would be tough.  It was worth the $90 price tag  and you could get it for $70 if you link your CC to Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083LXZJRW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NOW FOR THE DEER REPORT.

I setup  under two big cedars looking at corner of field where I had deer coming out almost every night to feed on green fields (NO BAIT HERE), deer came out around 4:30 9 baldies, I picked the biggest one and made a perfect shot at 137 yards, deer spun and went about 20 yards and was dead when I got to it. Picture below. I am not in the picture because I was alone.

IMG_1923.jpg

z2.jpg

Edited by bushden
spelling

They make an xl model that is much easier getting out of and hardly any difference in weight it’s so comfortable you got to be careful not to fall a sleep Sets up the same like in a minute. I have bolth and recommend the xl even for the smaller guys. The actual foot print ain’t that much bigger just a tad but it makes a difference 

2 hours ago, smittty said:

They make an xl model that is much easier getting out of and hardly any difference in weight it’s so comfortable you got to be careful not to fall a sleep Sets up the same like in a minute. I have bolth and recommend the xl even for the smaller guys. The actual foot print ain’t that much bigger just a tad but it makes a difference 

Wow, I didn't know that... check it out! It's like a couch in there :) I am going to seriously consider this one for this upcoming turkey season. Lot of room with the double-chair.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ameristep-deluxe-2-person-tent-chair-blind?a=2230944

717784m4_ts.jpg

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Wow, I didn't know that... check it out! It's like a couch in there :) I am going to seriously consider this one for this upcoming turkey season. Lot of room with the double-chair.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ameristep-deluxe-2-person-tent-chair-blind?a=2230944

717784m4_ts.jpg

They make single seat. Smaller but just as comcortable