Watnong Brook Morris Township

So we have an estate sale coming up in a few weeks and its a stones throw away from this waterway.......from what I saw it looks pretty good.......Anyone ever fish it ?? and if so what did you catch ??  WE were near a ballfield and a stone parking lot........

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

So we have an estate sale coming up in a few weeks and its a stones throw away from this waterway.......from what I saw it looks pretty good.......Anyone ever fish it ?? and if so what did you catch ??  WE were near a ballfield and a stone parking lot........

Mike, for some reason, the Division does not indicate if trout or non trout or trout maintenance for that stream nor for any of the Whippany River tributaries.  The Whippany is a wild trout stream, so there's at least a chance it has wild trout in it.  And if so, my guess would be browns.  Lots of impervious cover around it, though, and that never bodes well for trout....say the word and I will reach out to the corresponding fisheries biologist for more info for you.  I know you will be shocked to learn that I don't personally know this one.  Sorry!  :)    

I was told the water flows out of the Greystone Property and does come from a lake ....anyway Ill be back there in 2 weeks and either will toss a line  or do a little exploring......the little bit I saw  looks nice for trout......and I did think the trout whisperer knew everything about NJ waters......

Edited by MRMCR