Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So thinking for getting a saddle setup

Thinking the Cruzr xc with adjustable bridge

Helium climbing sticks and using a single aider to help get 20 feet

Helium apex platform

Do you guys think the rope man ascender is worth the extra money?

Any other accessories or ideas on accessories needed?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Buck619 said:

 

So thinking for getting a saddle setup

Thinking the Cruzr xc with adjustable bridge

Helium climbing sticks and using a single aider to help get 20 feet

Helium apex platform

Do you guys think the rope man ascender is worth the extra money?

Any other accessories or ideas on accessories needed?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Rope man 1 is def worth the money . Pretty effortless adjustment both tightening and loosening with one hand 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Buck619 said:

 

So thinking for getting a saddle setup

Thinking the Cruzr xc with adjustable bridge

Helium climbing sticks and using a single aider to help get 20 feet

Helium apex platform

Do you guys think the rope man ascender is worth the extra money?

Any other accessories or ideas on accessories needed?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Ropeman is a must for lineman’s belt. Much easier and much safer, IMO. Some people use a ropeman for their tether, as well. Although it will be much easier, I trust the prussik over the ropeman on the tether. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question do you feel the tether and lineman’s they sell is needed, I have tethers and lineman’s from some of my climber stands that I was thinking of using.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Buck619 said:

 

So thinking for getting a saddle setup

Thinking the Cruzr xc with adjustable bridge

Helium climbing sticks and using a single aider to help get 20 feet

Helium apex platform

Do you guys think the rope man ascender is worth the extra money?

Any other accessories or ideas on accessories needed?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Can’t think of any other “accessories” but there’s plenty of mods that you might want to take a look at to make life a little easier once you figure out your plan (how are you going to hang your gear, where you’re going to hang it, how you plan on bringing your steps up the tree with you, how you’re going to haul your bow, etc). There’s plenty of guys on here that saddle hunt and I’m not discrediting this site by any means, but saddlehunter.com is very useful, as well. Feel free to PM me if you’d like to discuss some more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to saddle this year.  Definitely get the Ropeman 1 for the Linemans Belt and Tether.  On the Tether I use Ropeman 1 and a prusik knot at the same time just in case.  Every tree could be different to being able to adjust tether is important.  

I am finding a platform as well as a ring of step to be most comfortable and makes it easy to get most any shot angle.

Practice!!!  I rushed in and missed an opportunity.  Practice exactly how you want to set up in the tree and placement of everything...pack etc.  and also you should have a few bow hooks around the tree as well just in case.  Practice!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buck619 said:

Another question do you feel the tether and lineman’s they sell is needed, I have tethers and lineman’s from some of my climber stands that I was thinking of using.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 20a said:

Based on reviews from others, I would buy a set of used higher end sticks Vs the hawks. I hear they can be pretty terrible.

 

 

The hawk helium’s are rock solid sticks . 
I have used most brands and the helium’s are by far better than most . 
with am steel mods they are quiet and quick . 
 

thry are probably the most popular sticks out there . 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 20a said:

Based on reviews from others, I would buy a set of used higher end sticks Vs the hawks. I hear they can be pretty terrible.

 

 

Hawks are fine just don't use the piece of crap straps they come with...strap too slippery and buckle doesn't have enough bite unless you push it down.

Throw some Lone Wolf straps on. Personally I hated the suction cups and removed them. 

Bottom line, for the price, with some easy mods, they're great.

Edited by Michael Britt
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 20a said:

Based on reviews from others, I would buy a set of used higher end sticks Vs the hawks. I hear they can be pretty terrible.

 

 

I use helium with an x stand expedition.   They are rock solid.  I hunted about 150 yrds from a kid the other night I had in my set stand he never herd me set up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

Hawks are fine just don't use the piece of crap straps they come with...strap too slippery and buckle doesn't have enough bite unless you push it down.

Throw some Lone Wolf straps on. Personally I hated the suction cups and removed them. 

Bottom line, for the price, with some easy mods, they're great.

There are 2 different kinds of cups .

‘the models from a few years are soft and work awesome .

‘the ones from  last year were made of a harder material and suck unless you alter the cups .

‘I also bought harder male sections made from 3 d printed plastic .

a lot more durable 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...