IGNORED

Age this Taylor ham country buck.

hemlock

11 hours ago, Pathman said:

Did you kill him? How we gonna know his age?

his rack is a 1.5, his body is a 3.5, but unless you killed him or have history, what’s the point? 

Didn't kill him. I could have over the years . I have history with him. My point  just wanted to hear others thoughts on his age. 

32 minutes ago, hemlock said:

Didn't kill him. I could have over the years . I have history with him. My point  just wanted to hear others thoughts on his age. 

How long of a history? Can you determine his age from the length of time you’ve known him?

I know whenever some asks “what’s the point?” It sounds like they’re being a dick, but that wasn’t my intention!😁

If you just wanted others thoughts that’s fine, but those thoughts will vary greatly, as You can see, and will not get you the bucks correct age. I was just wondering what your goal was thats all. 

He's not old. Straight back, flat belly and a small baby face.

This /\. I am thinking a 3 1/2 with poor genetics for antlers. But big body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

How many years have you seen it? And do you have pictures to show how he has aged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

18 minutes ago, hemlock said:

I  will post more  pictures today sometime of him in the past.  

These posts are very good for anyone wanting to better understand how to gauge the age of a whitetail buck.  Way too many folks look at antlers as a way to judge them or just at the body size or just at the head, etc.  It's an inexact science, but we can usually be fairly close in the end.