Jump to content

Ameristep Tent 1 Man Chair Blind on AMAZON $90 Shipped MY REVIEW OF THE BLIND


Recommended Posts

I bought a single man chair blind several years back to use in deep areas where I i had no stand and there was not a lot of cover and when I got it I thought it sucked. The front window was so close to the seat you could not easily raise you gun and put it out the window. I used this blind one time and on the way home I dropped it of at the Red White & Blue Thrift store because it was a piece of shit.

Last week I read a review of the Ameristep 1 and 2 man blinds and I thought it sounded like a good design so I went ahead and ordered one on Amazon. Today it came in and when I opened the box  I initially thought it looked a lot like the one I gave away but when I unfolded it I WAS SURPRISED WHAT I FOUND.

1.  Chair is just the right size and comfortable like a fold-up chair you use at a sports game.

2.  The blind was attached to the back of the chair and folded forward over your head kind of like a carriage top and was high enough to get up in a crouched position so you could take a leak if you had to.

3.  Front window was adjustable and far enough away from the chair that you could easily raise the gun with out putting the barrel out the window  until you were ready to shoot.

4.  There were two 1/2 mood smaller windows 1 each on your left and right to give you a bigger field of view if you wanted one.

5.  The blind had two pouches inside 1 on each side to put your junk in while you were sitting.

6.  Bling came with stakes but you do not need them the seat will keep it down

7.  It literally took less than 2 minutes to open it and set it up and it is light weight and easy to pack.

8.  ONE MINOR NEGATIVE, It was a little confusing how to close it but once you figure that out it closes OK and goes easily in the carry bag that is equipped with shoulder straps.

 

Now I bought this because I wanted something for when the wind was wrong I was mobile and could move to another spot without having to put up another stand.  I will bring this out tomorrow and attempt to take a doe from a herd that has been coming out into an open field from a neighbors woods to our fields and there is no place for a stand but this would fit just right between two cedar trees. I will try it tomorrow and report back.

Here is the best part if you put your CC on Amazon as a primary payment method they took $20 of the price of the blind so it was shipped to my door for $71.29 in 4 days. Here is the link :  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083LXZJRW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

 

z2.jpg

Edited by bushden
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, buckhound said:

I have one thats older probably close to 20 years old, I use in rainy snowy and sometimes windy days with a gun  maybe yours is bigger but no bowhunting from the one I have..

There is plenty room if you are using a cross bow but no go for compound.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone just sold one of these on here. I was thinking of getting it only because (a) it looked cool and (b) looks like a good turkey hunting blind. But it would have been yet another thing I was going to have to spend money on and then store it somewhere... :) I'm glad someone else bought it... I can't help myself buying things like this, it's like an addiction. It takes will power to hold off on buying things like this.

I'd be curious how it is in the rain. Because I do take out a doghouse blind when I hunt turkeys in the rain, and this looks like it would be more mobile. But I read some review on this thing where it wasn't water resistant and didn't keep the rain out, which would defeat the main purpose I would have bought this for. @bushden if you ever get caught in the rain in one of these things, let us know how it is keeping you dry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mazzgolf said:

I'd be curious how it is in the rain. Because I do take out a doghouse blind when I hunt turkeys in the rain, and this looks like it would be more mobile. But I read some review on this thing where it wasn't water resistant and didn't keep the rain out, which would defeat the main purpose I would have bought this for. @bushden if you ever get caught in the rain in one of these things, let us know how it is keeping you dry.

  Since I turned 60 I have had one firm rule hunting. I NEVER HUNT IN THE RAIN, I hate getting wet!! I am 70 now and this year I also gave up hunting in a snow storm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Someone just sold one of these on here. I was thinking of getting it only because (a) it looked cool and (b) looks like a good turkey hunting blind. But it would have been yet another thing I was going to have to spend money on and then store it somewhere... :) I'm glad someone else bought it... I can't help myself buying things like this, it's like an addiction. It takes will power to hold off on buying things like this.

I'd be curious how it is in the rain. Because I do take out a doghouse blind when I hunt turkeys in the rain, and this looks like it would be more mobile. But I read some review on this thing where it wasn't water resistant and didn't keep the rain out, which would defeat the main purpose I would have bought this for. @bushden if you ever get caught in the rain in one of these things, let us know how it is keeping you dry.

I've hunted in one in both rain and snow and stayed dry. also you can spray them in the off season with one of tent water proofing sealers.

Edited by buckhound
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, _X7 said:

I had one of those some years ago. I never hunted out of it, but I used it for some photography. It was a bit confining with the camera on a tripod.

   

This one has more room in front of the chair than the old ones did, I dumped my old one after one use because of that exact reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bushden said:

This one has more room in front of the chair than the old ones did, I dumped my old one after one use because of that exact reason.

I actually had to use the tripod like a monopod and keeping the camera tight to my face. I'll have to look into the new style.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ameristep makes good blinds.  I have gone through many, and still have their doghouse blind in the basement on the ready.  I agree that opening it up is the easy part, figuring how to collapse the damn thing and get it back into the bag is never easy.

Can't wait for your review after you field test it, and there better be a smiling guy with a doe in front of him attached to that review.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Haskell_Hunter said:

Ameristep makes good blinds.  I have gone through many, and still have their doghouse blind in the basement on the ready.  I agree that opening it up is the easy part, figuring how to collapse the damn thing and get it back into the bag is never easy.

Can't wait for your review after you field test it, and there better be a smiling guy with a doe in front of him attached to that review.

I had a dog house, nice light blind compact and really fit the bill BUT I THREW IT AWAY IN FRUSTRATION WHEN I COULD NOT CLOSE IT..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 6:10 PM, _X7 said:

I had one of those some years ago. I never hunted out of it, but I used it for some photography. It was a bit confining with the camera on a tripod.

   

Same here, I used it for Photography. Mainly on salt water marshes, where there is no cover, going after Clappers. It worked very well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...