While I have no horse in this race, if I were to spend $3,000 or more on a rifle and scope, I would fully expect it to perform flawlessly. Not perform somewhat okay, but flawlessly.  Why do some think it’s okay to spend that kind of money on a crossbow that has nowhere near the same level of confidence?  Just food for thought. 

9 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

While I have no horse in this race, if I were to spend $3,000 or more on a rifle and scope, I would fully expect it to perform flawlessly. Not perform somewhat okay, but flawlessly.  Why do some think it’s okay to spend that kind of money on a crossbow that has nowhere near the same level of confidence?  Just food for thought. 

Agree. But  a rifle and scope are fairly simple things. Take a CLOSE look at this Ravin bow. It's scary! Especially since it's NOT proven. 

1 hour ago, Bowhunter458 said:

When you look at a survey and understand how they work if 430 people are asked if they have had issues and out of that total 30 out of the 430 say yes that’s a high rate. Go bother someone else with your rate I could care less what the actual number is but it’s prevalent all over and you yourself have indicated issues.  So what is the rate? too high for the price of the bow that’s the rate as it’s posted about too often.....

a 3k product should not fail so often.....

You are right there is no point in this. You are more emotional about this silly issue than a hs girl about her prom dress 

Edited by Lunatic

Here’s why ravin has so many issues. It’s because they are selling more now than anyone at this time. Same crap happened years back with bow tech and there limbs. I asked dave Wyvern what the problem was and that’s what he told me there out selling everyone else he went on to say that they all have limb issues but bow tech is selling so many there the ones you here about 

32 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Rate of failure is impotent if you make a claim that they have high rate of failure. Without it it’s pure, unsubstantiated BS

The true failure rate will never be known. How many guys/gals would admit on an open forum that they put the bolt in upside down, left the crank handle attached, or allowed the limbs to hit something during firing? While I agree that Ravin has not perfected the timing / string stretch issues most purchasers should be aware the this is a "hotrod" set-up that requires periodic maintenance.

I have a tornado  in great shape , hardly used , make me an offer 

Thx nice offer I will keep that in mind. My son has a 2 year old Parker as well that’s basically my backup. I will upgrade at some point. Just not sure to what. And I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
46 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

That may have been the most unethical shot I have ever seen with that other buck right behind it.

If you join a FB Ravin group u see lots of crazy distance shots posted, as some videos that make u say WTH. My R26x is only sighted to 50 yds and not comfortable above 40-45 but that’s just me.