IGNORED

For The Ravin Guys

electric10162

8 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I don't gain anything nor need to make " any shit Up "  it is all over the Net.. My point is when you can't make a 3k product reliably and getting a hold of your customer service is known to be an issue, should you be working on a higher priced one when the one 

you now put out has issues.  Ravin Grew too fast plain and simple.  Yours never had am issue, good for you but don't discount the others who have had them as BS...

https://www.crossbownation.com/threads/ravin-recall-injuries-supriseing-number.65105/

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/beware-ravin-crossbow-issue.668131/

https://clark.com/consumer-issues-id-theft/recalls/recall-ravin-crossbow-arrow-nocks/

https://www.crossbownation.com/threads/ravin-r26-strings-broke-when-decocking.98242/page-5

https://www.crossbownation.com/threads/ravin-r10s-blowin-up.93470/

There are so many stories on FB regarding Ravin issues that some started a New group, v(Ravins that have not blown up owners group.)https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=ravins that have not blown up owners group

Stories similar to this one, 5 week old and shot 8 times but his limb broke. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.30.22 PM.jpg

High enough of a rate where a 10k member FB Ravin Group is conducting a Survey on it!

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.40.29 PM.jpg

Again, what is the rate? You don’t know But you claim is high:-)

i had 10 point, great bow, great company, for six years. It had issues with limb cracking as well and tons of examples of it on the web. My best friend had the same problem. Is the rate high? I don’t know, how would I, so I would not say it is as  it was a fact. 

They need to steal  the double shot idea from excalibur with 2 bolts and 2 triggers. Then they need to take that range finding scope from the new ten point and Charge 8k then I'm in for 2 at least. 

But really that small ravin looks really weird but it would be pretty awesome to have something that small. I do like the ravins alot especially the cocking uncocking mechanisms. 

Let’s concentrate on fighting the antis instead of fighting advancement of our weaponry 

In this case this is the same argument against the anti’s. This technology weakens or arguments that got us the 150 feet and our longer hunting season because we are handicapped by our choice of weapons. That argument is out the window when companies say you can reach out 100 yards that is the same effective range as a slug gun or muzzleloader essentially in the whitetail woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

In this case this is the same argument against the anti’s. This technology weakens or arguments that got us the 150 feet and our longer hunting season because we are handicapped by our choice of weapons. That argument is out the window when companies say you can reach out 100 yards that is the same effective range as a slug gun or muzzleloader essentially in the whitetail woods.

Effective range of ML and SG is much greater than 100 yards and it is definitely greater then the 150 yards. You know it so why would you say is the same as a 100 yrd cb?!

Edited by Lunatic

Agree! Keep in mind though.....Ravin sells to guys in the midwest that don't have NJ Nanny State rules and regs and can shoot a speed goat at 80 yards. 

It doesn’t matter. They will use this and other companies advertising against us.

Frankly all these companies are doing is increasing draw weights and shooting lighter arrows that are virtually dry firing these CB’s. Been there and done that in the early 90’s in the begging of 3D archery. That’s when they implemented 5 grains per pound as the minimum. Many people were shooting. As low as 3 grains per pound and having bows blow up. Well look at these high speed CB’s and what is the grains per pound about 3-4. That’s why there is such reliability issues with all of these companies.

These ridiculously light bolts are why our equipment is falling apart and why so many have a life expectancy of about 500 shots. Putting that in perspective I may shoot more arrows than that in a week with my compound. This discourages practicing with the CB which leads to lost game. Even if your CB is capable of shooting 100 yards the shooter isn’t.

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

11 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

For someone my size that’s too short .

‘I’m liking the newest short ten points , main reason is if I start using the xbow more I want the safest uncorking mechanism made .

Imo having yo discharge a bolt every hunt is actually causing way more unnecessary wear and tear than guys will ever do shooting them for practice .

hunt a lot of days it adds up quick .

paying for an option like that is worth some money .

‘but I think it stinks they have had 1.5 pound crisp triggers on lower end xbows , and the high end guts are still pushing 3.5 as being good . 

The short bow of my Ravin, combined with accuracy was a game changer for me. Like a shotgun that must fit you, the crossbow should as well unless you intent to always shoot from some kind or rest. When I shoulder this short bow its like a part of me, solid as a rock. I killed 16 deer with it and most freehand, including 3 over 50 yards. That's what I get for the extra $, confidence to take a deer in almost any situation. Priceless to me.  

Effective range of ML and SG is much greater than 100 yards and it is definitely greater then the 150 yards. You know it so why would you say is the same as a 100 yrd cb?!

Reread my post. I said in the whitetail woods not the range. A long shot in the woods is 100 yards. We aren’t in the Rockies where we can shoot a rifle accross a canyon hundreds of yards with nothing between you and the animal.

2 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

Reread my post. I said in the whitetail woods not the range. A long shot in the woods is 100 yards. We aren’t in the Rockies where we can shoot a rifle accross a canyon hundreds of yards with nothing between you and the animal.

You said  effective range, not what we shoot in NJ. If that was your argument then it falls apart as well because no one actually shoots whitetail at 100 or 150 yards with crossbow. 
Effective range is the argument and effective range is all that matters when it comes to safety zones. What distance the hunter decides to shoot is irrelevant because the projectile can keep going way beyond your target and into safety.

You said  effective range, not what we shoot in NJ. If that was your argument then it falls apart as well because no one actually shoots whitetail at 100 or 150 yards with crossbow. 
Effective range is the argument and effective range is all that matters when it comes to safety zones. What distance the hunter decides to shoot is irrelevant because the projectile can keep going way beyond your target and into safety.

Think about what you wrote. Lol.

You have just enhanced the anti’s argument against both Slug guns and Muzzleloaders. Since we banned center fire rifles long before I ever started hunting almost 40 years ago due to having the capability of reaching out hundreds of yards but now with sabot slugs and modern inline muzzleloaders you can reach out over 100 yards when the original reason for having the shotgun season was to keep shots to roughly 50 yards.

God bless.

3 minutes ago, Farmingdales Finest said:

Think about what you wrote. Lol.

You have just enhanced the anti’s argument against both Slug guns and Muzzleloaders. Since we banned center fire rifles long before I ever started hunting almost 40 years ago due to having the capability of reaching out hundreds of yards but now with sabot slugs and modern inline muzzleloaders you can reach out over 100 yards when the original reason for having the shotgun season was to keep shots to roughly 50 yards.

God bless.

I know what I wrote but I don;t think you do.
This is what you wrote:

That argument is out the window when companies say you can reach out 100 yards that is the same effective range as a slug gun or muzzleloader essentially in the whitetail woods.

And I responded by saying the effective range of the ML and SG goes way beyond 100 and 150 yards.

So now you changed your argument from crossbow and SG and ML having the same effective range to "You have just enhanced the anti’s argument against both Slug guns and Muzzleloaders."

Again this is what I objected to

I know what you meant and you very well know what I am saying so lets not argue over nothing

19 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

And I responded by saying the effective range of the ML and SG goes way beyond 100 and 150 yards.
So now you changed your argument from crossbow and SG and ML having the same effective range to "You have just enhanced the anti’s argument against both Slug guns and Muzzleloaders."
Again this is what I objected to
I know what you meant and you very well know what I am saying so lets not argue over nothing

You are living up to your screen name. Have a great day. Lol

Imo having yo discharge a bolt every hunt is actually causing way more unnecessary wear and tear than guys will ever do shooting them for practice .

Crossbow Decocker, surprised more guys haven’t purchased one for xbows that don’t utilize cranks

‘but I think it stinks they have had 1.5 pound crisp triggers on lower end xbows , and the high end guts are still pushing 3.5 as being good .

In reality 3.5lbs has been an industry standard even with rifles. 

AWM

5 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Crossbow Decocker, surprised more guys haven’t purchased one for xbows that don’t utilize cranks

In reality 3.5lbs has been an industry standard even with rifles. 

It has , but after shooting the few models that had the killer tech 1.5 triggers the 3 pound and up feel crazy heavy .

and the 1.5 never felt too light . It actually allows you really shoot a great shot each time .

I find if a want to use the xbow in a long range spot , I will always grab the one with the lighter trigger even though it not as compact as the 9.5.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/