IGNORED

AR scope mounting?

Pathman

Your mount will be more secure and steady if you have the mount on the whole upper receiver. By straddling the upper to the barrel assembly you are adding a point of flex or torque should something not be secured or loosens up. Between your pictatinny rail and scope rings there should be enough to get you proper eye relief. I think it would behoove you to turn it around.

Let us now how you make out.

As I’m sure you can all tell, I’m just getting my feet wet with the AR stuff, so what kind of along mount do I need for the front on the barrel shroud?  
I have an MS1 sling, just need mounts. 
The rear already has QD receptacle and slots in the stock. 

There are essentially two different types of handguards on your uppers today.

One is KEYMOD

The other is MLOK

The KeyMod handguard was developed as a collaboration between VLTOR Weapon Systems and Noveske Rifleworks.

The Modular Lock, or M-LOK was patented by Magpul Industries and introduced to the market in 2014.

Judging by your picts, it looks like you have M LOK. They are essentially NOT interchangeable meaning Mlok accessories with Mlok and Keymod with Keymod.

If you want to put a QD mount on the front then you will have to pick up a MLOK QD Sling Mount w Swivel. There are plenty of good places to go to get some decent prices with FAST shipping.

JOE BOB'S, BCM are pretty reliable. There are a ton more.

KEY MOD2.jpg

keymodmlok2.jpg

ml_sling_mount_7.jpg