IGNORED

Scope Parallax explained in a easy to understand Article

bushden

You hear and see posts regularly from folks about Parallax but explaining it and understanding the explanation is not always easy to comprehend. I found a good explanation with a moving visual that does a great job of explaining it. Is it important to you? Most scopes do not have a adjustable Parallax they are preset at the factory for the average shooter, however if you are thinking about long distance shooting and have a scope that can be adjusted check this article out I think you will find it useful in tweaking your rifle scope for the distance you shoot.

I have attached the article but the link is better in that it has a visual on parallax that helps you understand what it is. ENJOY !!

https://www.abbeysupply.com/resources/what-is-scope-parallax

Scope Parallax Explained_Page_1.jpg

Scope Parallax Explained_Page_2.jpg

Edited by bushden
SOME DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO SPELL

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I understand what the article says, but isn't parallax also a vertical issue effecting elevation. That is if you move your head up the crosshairs will also move if the parallax in not adjusted correctly.

Also I always thought that parallax had to do with the point where an imaginary laser straight line from the bore intersects with a similar line from the scope. That would bring the height of the scope mount into the equation.

I have a rifle with a parallax adjustable scope. It's on a .22 so I keep it adjusted to 50 yards. I'm going to try this the next time I go to the range.