1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

That’s what I use so I asked. It is possible they spell out somewhere the minimum and this card has everything you need to check in electronically

I’m not sure as I have always used this card .

I keep a bunch in a plastic bag in my pack .

‘then fill it out and put it in a snack bag and rape it to the deers leg .

this Tag JJOE IS selling would be much more convenient , but I think there does need to be more info to match the harvest report card .

just needs to add one line of rest of info , be great 

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

I’m not sure as I have always used this card .

I keep a bunch in a plastic bag in my pack .

‘then fill it out and put it in a snack bag and rape it to the deers leg .

this Tag JJOE IS selling would be much more convenient , but I think there does need to be more info to match the harvest report card .

just needs to add one line of rest of info , be great 

I do the same thing 

On 1/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, Lunatic said:

I think he is good 

5C9F2C25-81C9-42D2-BB04-C2BB2556D1F6.jpeg

The above info is for reporting a deer but Im pretty sure all is needed for transport is a tag on the deer with confirmation number only as stated below. Hopefully this is the case because all I do is write confirmation # on a piece of paper and stick in inside the deer's ear.

"If a deer is taken to a butcher or taxidermist, it should be labeled with its Confirmation Number. If transporting more than one deer, or while at a hunting camp with multiple deer, each deer should be tagged with its unique Confirmation Number to verify legal harvest"

Edited by bucky
58 minutes ago, bucky said:

all is needed for transport is a tag on the deer with confirmation number only as stated below.

You don't need a confirmation number just to transport. You DO need your CID, date/zone, antler points as soon as you get to the downed deer (technically, must be the first thing you do, even before gutting). This is to ensure you have legally taken possession of the deer. You don't need the confirmation number because you don't have to check in the deer right away - you can do that later in the day - by 7pm (8pm fall bow season)

You DO need a confirmation number when dropping off at a butcher - any reputable butcher will refuse to take a deer if it hasn't been checked in and has a confirmation number.

image.png.a4f29b9be3949f82b1980e53c89c57c4.png

image.png.fd2354b8cf6a92445bdb7e8cc9bfa4f1.png

Edited by mazzgolf
40 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

You don't need a confirmation number just to transport. You DO need your CID, date/zone, antler points as soon as you get to the downed deer (technically, must be the first thing you do, even before gutting). This is to ensure you have legally taken possession of the deer. You don't need the confirmation number because you don't have to check in the deer right away - you can do that later in the day - by 7pm (8pm fall bow season)

You DO need a confirmation number when dropping off at a butcher - any reputable butcher will refuse to take a deer if it hasn't been checked in and has a confirmation number.

image.png.a4f29b9be3949f82b1980e53c89c57c4.png

image.png.fd2354b8cf6a92445bdb7e8cc9bfa4f1.png

Pretty sure you need to confirm asap, unless you're in a two deer at time harvest zone and continue to hunt. If you KILL a deer in the morning and you're done hunting it would be illegal to wait until 7:00pm to confirm. What I said earlier is you only need confirmation affixed to deer for transport

10 minutes ago, bucky said:

Pretty sure you need to confirm asap

You don't need a confirmation number asap. That's what this is saying on page 30:

---

image.png.712945405e8434304f50de262018136e.png

So if you kill a deer in the morning and you're done hunting it would not be illegal to wait until 7:00pm to confirm - based on what the digest says there.

(I should note - if you drop it off at a butcher, you need a confirmation number by that time - but if you aren't using a butcher, you have until the time mentioned in the digest - 7pm, or 8pm during Fall Bow)

Edited by mazzgolf

"All hunters may use this card to fulfill tagging requirements upon recovering their deer. Confirmation # required if continuing to hunt where bag limit has not been reached, except those DMZs where 2 deer at a time may be taken."

The report cards is only used to gather information for confirmation

Edited by bucky