IGNORED

ML Misfire tonight

XtremeHunter

2 hours ago, Greg said:

In all honesty,,, why would you not unload and start fresh??

To much pain in the arse? Then you may want to rethink your sport.

Don't want to waste the round? What are you talking, a dollar or two tops?

Once my gun is fouled and loaded, it stays that way until I shoot something or the seasons over. 

I have forgotten to unload it at the end of the season which is why I said treat it as it were loaded when you put a primer in it. 

I also dont fire guns on my hunting property unless Im taking a deer.  Thats the best way to push deer off your ground. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

4 hours ago, bucky said:

I bought mine the first year they came out and after hundreds of round and many deer hitting the dirt it still goes boom every time:up:

I have one too. Mine never misfired either. 

I havent touched it since I bought a 220

www.liftxrentals.com

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Muzzleloading can be a dangerous undertaking. Keeping track of loading, cleaning, snapping caps can get confusing. You can easily lose track of what you did last. After a long period of inactivity during the season, I once snapped a cap to be surprised that the gun was already loaded. I cleaned, snapped a cap, and reloaded the gun before that.  Always snap a cap in a safe place and pointing in a safe direction. 

Lots of stuff could go wrong. Loading the bullet backwards is another one that comes to mind.

All I can say is, CHECK and DOUBLE CHECK everything when handling a M/L. 

I read a comment years ago where a guy for whatever reason snapped a cap while inside his truck,forgot it was loaded already and BOOM it shot a hole through the passenger floor.

1 hour ago, rem870hunter1 said:

I read a comment years ago where a guy for whatever reason snapped a cap while inside his truck,forgot it was loaded already and BOOM it shot a hole through the passenger floor.

Treat every gun as if it were loaded.

Deer did come back tonight was able to get it done, ML went bang and the doe dropped in her tracks! Thank you to everyone for the advice, suggestions and input. I learned a lot from you guys and moving forward know better to avoid a misfire with the ML in the future. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, XtremeHunter said:

Deer did come back tonight was able to get it done, ML went bang and the doe dropped in her tracks! Thank you to everyone for the advice, suggestions and input. I learned a lot from you guys and moving forward know better to avoid a misfire with the ML in the future. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! 🙂😃

My online never misfired...until this year.  It rained pretty good Monday of muzzy but I kept my muzzle down like always & left it in my truck.  Tuesday pm, I got a golden opportunity on a nice 7 pt  passed during bow  for the bigger buck foallowing.  nothing on the first trigger pull, it went pop instead of boom on the 2nd.  Swapped primers & it went boom but deer was out there a didnt hit.  I think my 209 primer got damp & my mistake was leaving it open in the gun case (that was good) but in the back of my truck overnight  with all my other damp clothes and gear.