So this whole week have had no deer come in, except tonight I had 5 deer come in (Does/Fawns). Waited till I had a good shot on one of the Does, and was relieved to finally get the opportunity to take one out. Put the crosshairs on the spot and then I had a misfire... deer all ran off... was so upset and aggravated. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will have better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, XtremeHunter said:

So this whole week have had no deer come in, except tonight I had 5 deer come in (Does/Fawns). Waited till I had a good shot on one of the Does, and was relieved to finally get the opportunity to take one out. Put the crosshairs on the spot and then I had a misfire... deer all ran off... was so upset and aggravated. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will have better luck.

What powder and primer what bullet.  Have you been bringing the gun in and out side? Shooting at end of hunt?

How long was load in gun? As long as powder doesn't get wet, should go off. I loaded mine a month ago and mine was fine Tonight when I shot it (done mz hunting nj). I recommend putting muzzle mitts over muzzle to keep water out. 

A few years ago  I cleaned my ML and used Bore butter i usally store it muzzle down but i had stored it barrel

up what happened some of the stuff got into the nipple  had a big 6 at 30 yrds and all i heard was the cap go off was able to snap 4 more caps in hope that it would clear but never did.

Edited by FishNHard
2 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

How long was load in gun? As long as powder doesn't get wet, should go off. I loaded mine a month ago and mine was fine Tonight when I shot it (done mz hunting nj). I recommend putting muzzle mitts over muzzle to keep water out. 

I kept mine loaded all year since last December.  Shot it in November to make sure of zero good.  Killed a doe tues of early muzzy reloaded it.  Hunted several times including in the rain I just hold barrel down.  Shot a doe tonight no issues

I shot my mine in October to check scope came home cleaned it shot one cap off loaded it went hunting in Maryland last week of October no shots, left it loaded at shot a 10 pointer in December no problem, I store my gun in gun safe 

40 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Never had issues keeping my ML loaded for a long time. Had it loaded 10 months abs it went boom. 

What powder and primer what bullet.  Have you been bringing the gun in and out side? Shooting at end of hunt?

Triple Seven Pellets with Powerbelt Copper plated Aerotip bullets. I have been this entire week, only went hunting twice last week and the load has been there since beginning of last week... I believe from going outside during hunting and then inside storing at room temp condensation may have cause the powder to become duds?

Beginning of last week...

That is always my biggest fear when I am out with the MZ.  Did you pass a clean dry patch through it before loading?  

Yes, and I had shot a deer with it already this season... cleaned it and waited to put another load in cause I wasn’t hunting for couple days after it was cleaned.

There’s several things that can go wrong. I thing that goes wrong that most don’t know or consider is a miss- seated bullet 

I don’t believe it was misseated... always verify the load is properly seated with a mark I have on ramrod.

Never had issues keeping my ML loaded for a long time. Had it loaded 10 months abs it went boom. 

First time issue for me... haven’t had a load in for 10 months but still has gone months with no problem once firing.