IGNORED

EURO MOUNT Complete, 8 Point Buck harvested 5 Jan 21.

bushden

Here it is woods to wall in 48 hours. I just put the head out in the sun to completely dry but it is done and will be on the wall this evening after drying in the sun.

DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? I can do one for yours in exchange for some Remington 2 3/4" Accutips.

I also have instructions I have written for doing the euro. If you want them just PM me and I will be happy to share them with you.

IMG_1892.JPG

xyza.JPG

xyza - Copy.jpg

Edited by bushden
SPELLING

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 minutes ago, Deerslayer21 said:

can you share your secret lol 

LOTS OF HARD WORK OVER A 12 HOUR PERIOD !

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Just now, Deerslayer21 said:

i bet... came out great..

I think I have the procedures written down with all the steps, when I get a chance I will look for it and send it to you in a PM.:)

HONOR THE FALLEN

Looks good!  Takes me a day to boil them down, then another day to bleach, but usually let them sit in the bleaching process a little longer or at least do the teeth a second time to get all the black off.  Got lazy with the last one and the one I'm doing now.  I just put those in a bucket of water to deteriorate the meat over the winter(maceration).  Just powerwash them off afterwards, then bring to a simmer in water with dawn to degrease, and bleach.

27 minutes ago, Deerslayer21 said:

can you share your secret lol 

Boil and pick, drink a beer, fresh water, boil and pick, drink a beer, fresh water, boil and pick, drink a beer, boil and pick, drink a beer and wonder if you should just cut the skull cap out, pick, pick, rinse, drink, pick, and then drink some more

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Looks good!  Takes me a day to boil them down, then another day to bleach, but usually let them sit in the bleaching process a little longer or at least do the teeth a second time to get all the black off.  Got lazy with the last one and the one I'm doing now.  I just put those in a bucket of water to deteriorate the meat over the winter(maceration).  Just powerwash them off afterwards, then bring to a simmer in water with dawn to degrease, and bleach.

I do not use bleach I found arm and hammer soap along with dish soap to work better without damaging the bone, to de-grease the skull then I paint the skull with beautician grade hydrogen peroxide to whiten the skull and put in in the sun to dry

HONOR THE FALLEN

17 hours ago, the truth said:

Boil and pick, drink a beer, fresh water, boil and pick, drink a beer, fresh water, boil and pick, drink a beer, boil and pick, drink a beer and wonder if you should just cut the skull cap out, pick, pick, rinse, drink, pick, and then drink some more

No way I stopped drinking while cleaning skulls, every time I got drunk  I ended up cutting myself, now that I am 70 taking my aspirin a day a cut bleeds forever.  Now I drink cognac AFTER THE JOB IS DONE !

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN