IGNORED

Other "Site" has gone to the birds!

For the record, on NJWW we have absolutely no concerns about posters here saying New Jersey Hunter.  Just don't go there and say New Jersey Woods and Waters unless you want to be banned.  We have much thicker skin here!   

Bottom line was and will always remain that this site would never have been built by Matt had the original owner discussed a sale of NJH to him to keep it in NJ.  Nobody knows why that never happened and Dragthor no longer posts anywhere I know of to ask. But the demise of NJH was obvious to many.  Now it's a funny topic on the new NJ hunting and fishing and trapping site., Woods & Waters.  :)    

11 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

For the record, on NJWW we have absolutely no concerns about posters here saying New Jersey Hunter.  Just don't go there and say New Jersey Woods and Waters unless you want to be banned.  We have much thicker skin here!   

Bottom line was and will always remain that this site would never have been built by Matt had the original owner discussed a sale of NJH to him to keep it in NJ.  Nobody knows why that never happened and Dragthor no longer posts anywhere I know of to ask. But the demise of NJH was obvious to many.  Now it's a funny topic on the new NJ hunting and fishing and trapping site., Woods & Waters.  :)    

Yeah I was going to ask, how come people aren't actually saying New Jersey Hunter? Did they think they would've been suspended or it's frowned upon?

Edited by NJ Predator

42 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

Yeah I was going to ask, how come people aren't actually saying New Jersey Hunter? Did they think they would've been suspended or it's frowned upon?

As Brian mentioned, we don't care if you say NJH or New Jersey Hunter here.  We aren't trying to hide that site or act like it doesn't exist and we never have.  We just put our focus and effort into improving this site for the members.  It is a shame Dragthor didn't just sell it to me despite my intense efforts multiple times over multiple years to make that happen and prevent it from going in the direction it did.  That would have allowed me to preserved all the content for the members and it would have essentially been what this site became (plus the NJH content).  Oh well, it's all behind us now and onward to bigger and better things :up:

39 minutes ago, NJ Predator said:

I think because if you go on NJH and talk about NJWW, you get banned or did a few years back.  I can promise you as a mod, nobody here cares including the owner who just "liked" my post above.  It is what it is.  Matt built a heck of a site that is all about community just like New Jersey Hunter was years ago when it was owned and operated by a NJ hunter.  I know from numerous conversations with Matt that he much would have preferred to have purchased NJH when it got sold, but it went to the Canadians instead.  So now there are two sites and users can choose the one they like best.  We know who the Chinese chose..........    

33 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

There is also a dozen or so Facebook NJ hunting groups...I only go on the muzzloader one.

I've been invited to join a bunch but don't often post much.  Lots of newbies acting like Pro Staffers and no real sense of "community" for me there.  And lots of trolls  

17 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

It went downhill years ago

Yes it did! There was too much "Bashing" and profanity going on there. There was also a lack of decency and dis-respect to be read by all ages and gender. Every post that came up regarding beaver trapping always became a field day for wise-guys with their perverted comments. Beaver trapping in New Jersey is considered a novelty because of the eight beaver limit per permit. Beaver permits in New Jersey are available through the lottery process with a few permits being sold over the counter after the drawing. All beaver and otter permits in NJ are highly coveted.

I have been a trapper since the late 1960's and when I got onto the other site about 8-10 years ago, basically someone suggested that I was a "Money" trapper.(A money trapper gets into trapping to make some quick money)  At that time the fur was worth some decent money. No one knew who I was and everyone suspected that I was a "Newbe". That was far from the truth. I have trapped for years in New Jersey, New York, and eight years in the Maine wilderness.   

29 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Yes it did! There was too much "Bashing" and profanity going on there. There was also a lack of decency and dis-respect to be read by all ages and gender. Every post that came up regarding beaver trapping always became a field day for wise-guys with their perverted comments. Beaver trapping in New Jersey is considered a novelty because of the eight beaver limit per permit. Beaver permits in New Jersey are available through the lottery process with a few permits being sold over the counter after the drawing. All beaver and otter permits in NJ are highly coveted.

I have been a trapper since the late 1960's and when I got onto the other site about 8-10 years ago, basically someone suggested that I was a "Money" trapper.(A money trapper gets into trapping to make some quick money)  At that time the fur was worth some decent money. No one knew who I was and everyone suspected that I was a "Newbe". That was far from the truth. I have trapped for years in New Jersey, New York, and eight years in the Maine wilderness.   

I've always heard trapping is a passion, not a means to make money (if you factor your time and effort in versus what you earn selling pelts)