IGNORED

What's for dinner tonight?

megavites

Decided to do a beer can chicken tonight with steak fries with some cheese and gravy.

Yueling up in there with some seasoning (Cabelas beer can chicken seasoning, Hot paprika, tyme..a little rosemary); coat inside and out and put some in a 1/2-3/4 full can. 

Fries have Montreal steak seasoning and hot paprika after coating with oil. Top with gravy being made from the giblets and some cheese.

20210103_171840.thumb.jpg.49f30a66125f9586c2e6d89ac8d9a0fd.jpg20210103_164718.thumb.jpg.4afb9478c87c64ba332d9b46ab3f6547.jpg

Elk heart. Sorry no pics. Big enough for 2 dinners for me and my boys.  Last night I sauteed some garlic and onions. Then throw the heart slices in the pan. 2 minutes a side. Not bad. Kids ate it but weren't asking for 2nds. Tonight I dipped in egg wash. Then into flour that had some spices in it.  Fried for 2 minutes a side. Kids devoured it.  First time eating heart. Not bad. Tender. Not much flavor.  Texter/chew is different. Lol. Pics from yesterday after trimming and slicing. 

IMG_20210102_160245018.jpg

IMG_20210102_165633730.jpg

12 hours ago, Lphunsjr said:

Surf and turf. Backstrap Wellington, Alaskan King Crab Legs, clam pasta, accompanied w some sushi

IMG_20210102_201623077.jpg

THAT LOOKS GOOD!!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

11 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Organ meats are not for me...

We had never done it. Once in a lifetime elk hunt in pa so we figure we'd use as much as the animal as we could.  It wasn't bad. If anything it lacked flavor.  It definitely has a crunch or snap to it when eating it.  My kids didn't mind the favor or lack thereof it was the chew.   Lol.