IGNORED

Clinton WMA

Danbran

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had success at CWMA?

ive been several times and I just can’t seem to get my bearings. All of the entries, exits to the deep stuff seem very loud/visable and the fields are basically void of deer until dark. 

any help would be appreciated. Side note, I’m referring to the Van Syckels side of the WMA and haven’t been hunting in NJ for very long. 

thanks!

There’s plenty of other public land nearby the Clinton wma’s that gets little to no pressure and you shouldn’t have any trouble shooting a pile of deer. If you’ve got onX hunt maps with the paid subscription, it’s easy to find and locate all these spots. They are also listed and locations outlined in the fish and wildlife digest as well as online. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

4 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Residents of the County get first crack at the permits.

I believe you're wrong. Same chance just  the residents pay less non-residents pay a little more.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I believe you're wrong. Same chance just  the residents pay less non-residents pay a little more.

You are actually wrong. 

MIT INFORMATION: 

Hunting permits are sold to walk-in applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Mail-in applications are also accepted, but will not be processed until after all walk-ins are completed on the first day of permit sales for each respective season.  Because of this, mail-in applicants have a reduced chance of getting a permit.  On the first day of permit sales, only Hunterdon County residents may purchase a permit.  On the second day, and any day thereafter, all others can purchase a permit. To be fair, only one permit, per season, per person on line!  Permit applications and maps of hunting areas are available at the Park Office.

This is going to sound absolutely dumb and ignorant but I'm used to hunting on private property that I have stands on. (And frankly rather be corrected than assume)

I was thinking of taking my girlfriend out here to get an idea of the area this weekend, obviously both of us wearing orange since I know its hunting season. Would it be wrong of me to take my bow with me in case we walked up on something? 

Ive never hunted in a place like this before so its all new to me and I feel like i have a million questions and thoughts about what goes on in there.