IGNORED

Did the reasonable thing,,,

Greg

and spent my 600 stim check on a pellet smoker of course. Got a charcoal smoker the other month and food was awesome, but the process was horrible. Basically stood there staring at the thermometer for 5 of the 7 hour smoke.

Went with the  zgrill's 7002b

To kill the wait,

What is your #1 go to when you just gotta have the best you can do?

and where do you source pellets? Preference of one wood over the other? Best I found is pitboss comp blend at lowes, 40lbs for 15 bucks.

Grill arrived a few days early today. Got it together and the new burned off. Just threw on some dogs and italian sausages for the heck of it.

Tomorrow I do believe I'll come down with something from work and throw on a rack of spare ribs I picked up today for my first actual day of smoking,,, cough cough

63191986000__AF9A0323-884E-4E8E-84C4-069E21C83C4C.jpeg

good luck with it. looks good. many good meals to be had on that. i like the "babysitting" part of smoking. rather then " turn it on and leave". after trial and error it will make you better at smoking. and i dont care what anyone says, NOTHING beats smoking over real wood rather then man made pellets. 

i only wish i had a better built wood smoker instead of a big box store special. one day, some day...

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i like the "babysitting" part of smoking.

"Sorry, hon, can't go shopping with you.  Me and this 6-pack have to watch the smoker for the next few hours."

The excuse that keeps on giving...

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

With time the offset may have gotten easier will practice, but I wasn't willing to stand there for another 6-7 hours staring at a thermometer, stirring charcoal, paying with vents. I had that thing halfway to the curb 4 hours into that fiasco.

Pork and deer roasts came out awesome though, and even with that said I still aint doing it again, not like that anyways.

9 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

"Sorry, hon, can't go shopping with you.  Me and this 6-pack have to watch the smoker for the next few hours."

The excuse that keeps on giving...

They always find as way to get even with you like buying something expensive you already said no to.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL