It's Official ....Retirement Paperwork Submitted !!!!!

BHC

Congratulations!  I’m in the same boat, I’m leaving Jan 2022.  One year and counting!  It’s amazing how much this job has changed throughout 25 years.  I don’t know about you but I’m disgusted how LEO are thought upon in this country.  I’m ready to leave and burnt out.  Good luck on your next stage in life.  Be smart and safe this last year as you can see that light at the end of the tunnel!  Best of luck

8 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Congratulations!  I’m in the same boat, I’m leaving Jan 2022.  One year and counting!  It’s amazing how much this job has changed throughout 25 years.  I don’t know about you but I’m disgusted how LEO are thought upon in this country.  I’m ready to leave and burnt out.  Good luck on your next stage in life.  Be smart and safe this last year as you can see that light at the end of the tunnel!  Best of luck

I didn't think you worked . You are always in the woods.lol

21 minutes ago, BHC said:

Just submitted my retirement paperwork, I did it early in case the paperwork is lost/misplaced by the pension board, or they find any discrepancies and for the fact they do approvals every quarter so I'm hoping my paperwork will be in the first quarter of 2021....I can go on October 1st, but my last day of work is on December 31st.....I will start using my sick time one per week in late April, and then cash out my vacation & comp time which will be used as a retirement gift to myself on a new truck

CONGRATULATIONS to you. You will love retirement and find hunting much more fun Monday through Friday when there are no as many AH's out.

23 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

We think 110% alike on this

Miss the job, no I will not, some people yes

Looks like we will be getting 10 weeks of comp time under COVID-19 emergency act, this comp CAN NOT be cashed out so once it's official, I have ready planned out , I will start using that time around October 17th till the end of the year...with some sick time, and other time I must use...I hope 2021 has a intense rut, I have time to hunt