IGNORED

H&R THUMBHOLE 20GA W/Scope

BHC

43 minutes ago, BHC said:

That gun is not worth $600 I sold mine because I had way to much trouble with miss fires, it went back 3 times for warranty work and I know others that had the same problem. It did shoot excellent when it went bang but it did not always go bang. I bought a savage 220 which does have a sloppy bolt but it shoots just as good as the H&Rand I never had a miss fire or know anyone else that did. If the thumb hole stock is your thing BOYDS has a beauty for the 220 and you will have it all including more than one shot if I want it every time you pull the trigger and you could adjust the 220 trigger pull easier.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

18 minutes ago, bushden said:

That gun is not worth $600 I sold mine because I had way to much trouble with miss fires, it went back 3 times for warranty work and I know others that had the same problem. It did shoot excellent when it went bang but it did not always go bang. I bought a savage 220 which does have a sloppy bolt but it shoots just as good as the H&Rand I never had a miss fire or know anyone else that did. If the thumb hole stock is your thing BOYDS has a beauty for the 220 and you will have it all including more than one shot if I want it every time you pull the trigger and you could adjust the 220 trigger pull easier.

Was it with remington round?

1 minute ago, Psehunter said:

Was it with remington round?

I had issues with remingtons and lightfields I would get light hits.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, bushden said:

I had issues with remingtons and lightfields I would get light hits.

My 12 ga. Won't shoot remingtons but I haven't had a problem with lightfields yet. Out of 10 rounds of remington only one round would go off and lightfields every single one goes off no problem so that's what I've stuck with and no problems in 5 years now.

23 minutes ago, BHC said:

I have H&R never an issue....its worth that much cause of the demand and no longer made

I started out with an 220 and did not like the bolt so I sold it and bought the H&R, the H&R felt great in the hands shouldered nicely and shot great for two seasons then the problems started, after the back and forth to the factory I just traded it in, rather than sell because I did not want to sell a problem to another person. anyway I bought another 220, and spend hours polishing the bolt until I got it the almost  the way I wanted it. The 220 is still a little sloppy but shoots excellent and I have a gun that now fires every time with every brand of shell I shoot out of it like it should. There is no worse sound than a click when you pull the trigger on a buck.

If you have a good shooter H&R without issues you got a good gun, I DID NOT.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN

I bought my 20 gauge Ultra slug about 10 or so years ago.  It shot Hornady SST’s really well.  Killed many deer with not a single misfire.  Opening day four years ago and a really big 8 steps out at 30 yards. I thought this was too easy and when I pulled the trigger it misfired. I ejected and loaded another shell only to misfire again.  Less than happy went straight to gunsmith to look it over. He found zero wrong. Thought I got bad batch of deep primers.  Switched to Winchester Dual bonds that it seemed to fire consistently until I started to misfire again.  Had brand new hammer spring installed.  Didn’t fix the issue.  I am at a loss for what the issue could be.

any suggestions?

so I would agree.  I would worry about$600 on a gun that you could start to have issues with.

15 minutes ago, Charrosj said:

I bought my 20 gauge Ultra slug about 10 or so years ago.  It shot Hornady SST’s really well.  Killed many deer with not a single misfire.  Opening day four years ago and a really big 8 steps out at 30 yards. I thought this was too easy and when I pulled the trigger it misfired. I ejected and loaded another shell only to misfire again.  Less than happy went straight to gunsmith to look it over. He found zero wrong. Thought I got bad batch of deep primers.  Switched to Winchester Dual bonds that it seemed to fire consistently until I started to misfire again.  Had brand new hammer spring installed.  Didn’t fix the issue.  I am at a loss for what the issue could be.

any suggestions?

so I would agree.  I would worry about$600 on a gun that you could start to have issues with.

That is pretty much the same thing that happened to me!

HONOR THE FALLEN