IGNORED

What's your favorite Domestic Beer to drink after a days hunt.

bushden

21 hours ago, bushden said:

That pretty cool I did not know  became a dairy, American ingenuity at it best.

Many breweries did the same during Prohibition because the equipment and infrastructure for making beer lent itself well to milk processing, cheesemaking, etc... 

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

Blue Point Toasted Lager - hands down one of the best tasting beer's I have had...  Next would be Yuengling. 

Cannot stand the move toward extreme hoppiness...  Hate IPA's...

I'm not a fan of malty lagers, but to each their own.

The problem with the IPA market is that everyone wants to make IPAs because they are the "cool" thing right now and they are what is selling best, but most breweries don't understand subtlety and crafting a balanced product.  You can drink a crappy IPA that's crammed full of hops and completely un-balanced and one dimensional or a well crafted one that is as smooth as silk and extremely complex.  Hell, I drink beers with crazy high IBUs and tons of hops that drink a lot easier than ones with half as many hops and IBUs.  It's all in how it's made, and in a flooded market, you will get mostly crap

13 minutes ago, bushden said:

I do not think I ever tried that. Is it a dark heavy beer.

It's a smooth lager, a bit nuttier tasting than a yuengling but pure lager all the way.   Nice rich color, but I would not say it's too heavy.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 1/1/2021 at 9:50 AM, bushden said:

Mine has always been 7oz rolling rock beer. The small 7oz bottle can be downed in one gulp and then easy on to the next.

xyz.JPG

I like Rolling Rock too. I haven't had it in a long long time. These days I mostly drink Guinness.

Did you ever notice the number 33 on the Rolling Rock label. I don't know what it means. However in Vietnam there was a beer we called Bombity Bomb. The label said Bier 33. I wonder what the connection is.

Actually I looked it up Both Rolling Rock and Beir33 are made with rice. The"33"must denote rice beer.

19 hours ago, Lunatic said:

That’s a good, dark in color And light in taste beer. I can drink it on a hot summer day. 

What makes Yuengling Lager such a great beer is that it's not a super light lager like Bud or Coors-its got more flavor but not so heavy that you can't enjoy it in the heat.  At the same time I can still enjoy a cold Lager by the firepit in the mild of winter because it has just enough malt and caramel flavor.  That said, Lager is the "all purpose beer" that goes with anything.  In the summer I always keep a case of Yuengling Premium cans in the basement fridge to drink while I'm working outside.  Golden Pilsner is also a great summer beer with a little more flavor that goes well with food.  Black and Tan and Porter are great fall and winter beers along with their Octoberfest.  I really miss Yuengling Bock though-great winter beer with tons of caramelized malt flavor that used to show up around February and last until April.  I would stalk the local liquor stores for it every winter.  They discontinued it a few years back :down:

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

56 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I'm not a fan of malty lagers, but to each their own.

The problem with the IPA market is that everyone wants to make IPAs because they are the "cool" thing right now and they are what is selling best, but most breweries don't understand subtlety and crafting a balanced product.  You can drink a crappy IPA that's crammed full of hops and completely un-balanced and one dimensional or a well crafted one that is as smooth as silk and extremely complex.  Hell, I drink beers with crazy high IBUs and tons of hops that drink a lot easier than ones with half as many hops and IBUs.  It's all in how it's made, and in a flooded market, you will get mostly crap

I agree 100%. There are some AWFUL IPA's out there these days, giving all IPA's a bad name. For those that think they don't like IPA's, I recommend a nice smooth oat cream IPA. Other Half makes some good ones. Bolero Snort in the Meadowlands makes some good smooth IPA's with lactose (milk sugar) and also Icarus in Lakewood makes one called Drinking Crayons that's very good as well. 

2 hours ago, Dominant buck said:

After a long day of rabbit hunting a nice 18 pack of Miller lite hits the spot.

If you kill an 18 pack after hunting you must only go once a week, I cannot imagine you being able to recover any quicker.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL