IGNORED

What's your favorite Domestic Beer to drink after a days hunt.

bushden

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

As much as we love all of the amazing craft breweries that keep cropping up around the great state of Texas, we also thought it important to remember the ones who laid the groundwork for great modern beers. The companies that pioneered beer making in the United States. The ones with the grit and gumption to survive the Prohibition, Great Depression, and more. Here’s to America and the 5 oldest breweries in all the land:

5. Anheuser-Busch

Founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1852, Anheuser-Busch has put fortitude and innovation into being the King of Beers. We can thank them for delicious Budweiser beer, the invention of refrigerated railcars, and figuring out how to increase a beer’s shelf life through pasteurization.

4. Minhas Craft Brewery

Wisconsinites know a thing or two about perseverance, pressing on through chilly Northern winters every year. Apply that same level of perseverance to the beer industry, and you’ve got a brewery that’s now been in existence for 171 years! Founded in 1845, Minhas Craft Brewery has been in the same Southern Wisconsin facility since its founding, growing to span 3 city blocks today.

3. Pabst Brewing Company

Another Wisconsin brewery, Pabst has been in existence since 1844. Over the years, Pabst has gone by many different names. First, it was Empire Brewery, then Best & Sons. When the sons left to start Miller Brewing Company and Phillip Best passed away and left the brewery to his daughter’s husband Frederick Pabst, the brewery became Pabst Brewing Company.

2. F & M Schaefer Brewing Company

Founded in 1842, Schaefer Brewing Company is still in operation, but owned by Pabst. Schaefer’s most notable contribution to the beer world is that it’s the home of the oldest American lager.

1. Yuengling

American’s oldest brewery, D.G. Yuengling & Son was founded in 1829 by a German immigrant in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Still operating out of the same building they’ve been in since 1831, Yuengling is the 4th largest beer distributor in the United States. It’s hard to get a hold of this beer in Texas, as they only distribute to 14 states, but taking a sip of their traditional lager is like taking a sip of history.

While many proclaim YUENGLING to be the oldest brewery in the America they were beat by a brewery in Povonia which is now known as Hoboken in 1643. Almost 200 years earlier. They are (Yuengling) with out contest the oldest brewery that is still operating in America. We here in NJ have a pretty interesting history of breweries ourselves. Below is a snap shot of the info on WIKIPEDIA I got this info from.

xyz1.jpg

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 minute ago, NotJust22s said:

SOL. Mexican is domestic, right? 

Nope! Unless brewed brewed here by a mexican company

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

36 minutes ago, bushden said:

While many proclaim YUENGLING to be the oldest brewery in the America they were beat by a brewery in Povonia which is now known as Hoboken in 1643. Almost 200 years earlier. We have a pretty interesting history of breweries in NJ. Below is a snap shot of the info on WIKIPEDIA I got this from.

Yuengling is the oldest continuously operating brewery in America.  Unlike many breweries they continued operating through the Civil War, Prohibition, etc...Yuengling became a dairy and made ice cream and "near bear" through Prohibition.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

6 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Yuengling is the oldest continuously operating brewery in America.  Unlike many breweries they continued operating through the Civil War, Prohibition, etc...Yuengling became a dairy and made ice cream and "near bear" through Prohibition.  

That pretty cool I did not know  became a dairy, American ingenuity at it best.

HONOR THE FALLEN

45 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

SOL. Mexican is domestic, right? 

I think Negra Modelo is better than Sol in fall, as temps drop. But if on the water in the summer..."sol" says it all!  But for me, if ya want the best pilsener for the hot days, go (supposedly) Dominican with Presidente. 

Anheuser-Busch is co-owner of Presidente, and owner of Modelo.  Anheuser-Busch, however, is owned in the end by Brazilian-Belgian conglomerate InBev(!!). And the Brazilians are the dominant force. Is Budweiser domestic? Is a Toyota made in USA domestic? 

11 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

I think Negra Modelo is better than Sol in fall, as temps drop. But if on the water in the summer..."sol" says it all!  But for me, if ya want the best pilsener for the hot days, go (supposedly) Dominican with Presidente. 

Anheuser-Busch is co-owner of Presidente, and owner of Modelo.  Anheuser-Busch, however, is owned in the end by Brazilian-Belgian conglomerate InBev(!!). And the Brazilians are the dominant force. Is Budweiser domestic? Is a Toyota made in USA domestic? 

Anheuser-Busch is made in New Jersey Brewery in Newark with NJ Water.  Is has to be made here to be domestic NO IMPORT TAX

HONOR THE FALLEN

Just now, Jim_ said:

Since I was a boy. Habits die hard. I think the dioxin in the Passaic River water gives Bud its "crispness."

budweiser.jpg

OH YEAH !!!

HONOR THE FALLEN

7 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

Damn Brazilian-Belgians are ripping us off, avoiding the import tax and sending the profits to Rio ;)

If we had Trump for another 4 years that might have stopped.

HONOR THE FALLEN

Just now, bushden said:

If we had Trump for another 4 years that might have stopped.

You been hitting the bottle too hard again, right Bushden? ;) 

Even pre-COVID, American trade deficits, budget deficits, and inequality all soared under Trump while corporate tax breaks touted to motivate the economy were not plowed back into R&D, but instead CEO packages. This leaves us even closer to being left behind and ending up something like England is today...an isolated former colonial power filled with bad teeth and socialized medicine. Bottoms up.