IGNORED

Trail cam over gut pile 12/30/2020

It makes you wonder why the big hoopala about gutting your deer were you are hunting, it might be as good as all the lures they sell.    I spined one and it fell right on the the bait, I gutted him right on the bait pile, I didn't go back for a week but deer had fed on the corn hours after I left ( I left the camera)

It doesn’t seem to bother them any differently than them walking past a road kill or anything else dead. They are used to seeing it and can’t differentiate between it being a dead deer/deer guts or some other dead critter in the woods. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

Deer are curious creatures by nature especially immature deer. 

Show me a mature buck on a gut pile and then show me another pic of him coming back. 

I dont like any kind of abnormal scent at my stand. 

Big bucks as well as mature does get very nervous when things change especially scent. Its their main defense. 

Its not easy to kill a mature deer once it knows your stand location and can relate it to danger, it will always be on alert or avoid it at least for that season. 

I dont take the chance. 

Just think sbout that 1 mature doe that everyone has that always blows the woods up. 

She knows when you are there

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have seen deer check out gut piles also, but is this gut pile right near your bait pile?

I put bait out, but  all of my stands are about 100 yards away from it,( I put the bait out to bring them into the middle of the property) this deer was shot and died about 125 yards away from the bait pile.