IGNORED

Full Sized Pistols

not on the rug

I’ve owned sig 226,228 and 320 as well as glock 19. My favorite is the Sig P320 M17. It’s smooth, it fits my hand well and I like the way it breaks down easier then a glock. It also has a small rail if you want to be “tacticool”and put a light on or something. It’s also the service weapon for the armed forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know your talking mostly 9mm. I have had a Sig P226, Sig P320 (several variations with the caliber exch kits), HK VP9, HK 45. For myself and fit for my hands, and accuracy right out of the box, all three of my HK’s have been great with one only needing minor sight adjustment. Next that is very close to them is the Sig P320. First one I bought was a P320 Carry model and I bought the caliber exchange kits when they were on sale for full size & compact since the serial # is on the removable center piece. Which is nice because it allows you to basically have three pistols in one. Very accurate and no major operating issues with them so far. Only thing I wish on the P320 is there is a “U” shaped piece up by the slide lock that could be ground down some so it’s not as sharp next to my thumb. Never owned any of the Springfield XD line or Walther, but I have shot several of them and they are very good also.  As someone else said, shoot as many as you can if you have the chance. 

Thanks for the input everyone.  I was able to handle a few different guns today: Glock 17, H&K VP9, S&W M&P and a CZ 75 SP01.  They didn't have any Sig 320 or Berettas in stock.  Overall impressions: The CZ felt like a very solid, well made gun.  The H&K felt amazing.  Like it was made for my hand.  The S&W and Glock both felt good, but not as nice as the others.  I really wanted to get my hands on a Sig today.

I think next weekend I'm going to head over to the Heritage Guild to shoot as many as I can side by side.  

Edited by not on the rug

Come on over to PA and rent before you buy. 

I am partial to SW MP.

HK are nice but they have a different mag release so muscle memory may be weird. 

Full size you may also want to check CZ, and SW 1911 in 9mm

All depends on what you want to do.

Every single one has a different trigger take up and reset.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

7 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Thanks for the input everyone.  I was able to handle a few different guns today: Glock 17, H&K VP9, S&W M&P and a CZ 75 SP01.  They didn't have any Sig 320 or Berettas in stock.  Overall impressions: The CZ felt like a very solid, well made gun.  The H&K felt amazing.  Like it was made for my hand.  The S&W and Glock both felt good, but not as nice as the others.  I really wanted to get my hands on a Sig today.

I think next weekend I'm going to head over to the Heritage Guild to shoot as many as I can side by side.  

I can take you to Gun For Hire.  Lots of guns to shoot there.

I have put hundreds of rounds through the P320.  Hands down a very easy 9mm to shoot.  Weight is enough to make the recoil feel like nothing, makes it easier to get back on target quickly.  I was almost going to buy one but instead went with the P365 XL.  Very easy 9mm to shoot, but it's not full size, which is what you were looking for.  The smaller, P365 is also very easy to shoot.  I tend to think that Sig makes great 9mm guns.

Any H&K is going to feel amazing in your hand but not on your wallet.  They are also fantastic guns.  Sigs are far more affordable and just as good.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

8 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I can take you to Gun For Hire.  Lots of guns to shoot there.

I have put hundreds of rounds through the P320.  Hands down a very easy 9mm to shoot.  Weight is enough to make the recoil feel like nothing, makes it easier to get back on target quickly.  I was almost going to buy one but instead went with the P365 XL.  Very easy 9mm to shoot, but it's not full size, which is what you were looking for.  The smaller, P365 is also very easy to shoot.  I tend to think that Sig makes great 9mm guns.

Any H&K is going to feel amazing in your hand but not on your wallet.  They are also fantastic guns.  Sigs are far more affordable and just as good.

Thanks Tim.  I am going to hit up the Heritage Guild next weekend and shoot a bit.  I believe they have about 150 different handguns there to rent.  My buddy was a Range Officer there for a few years.  If I don't see what I'm looking for, I'll take you up on heading to Gun for Hire.  I feel like the Sig and the H&K are the front runners right now,  but I'm curious about the CZ as well and want to spend a good amount of time with all of them. I'll shoot you a text to let you know where things stand.  Thanks Tim 

Got out to do some shooting this afternoon.  Put a box through a Sig 320 and a box through the H&K VP9.  The Sig is a really nice shooter.  Felt good in the hand.  I really liked the trigger feel.  In my opinion, the VP9 is just a cut above the Sig. I like the hand position better and the grip is nicer. The trigger had a different feel, but after a mag or 2, it felt fantastic.  My shooting was better from the VP9 too.  I think it's a done deal...going to go with the VP9.  If it's good enough for John Wick, it's good enough for me! 😂

Edited by not on the rug

3 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Got out to do some shooting this afternoon.  Put a box through a Sig 320 and a box through the H&K VP9.  The Sig is a really nice shooter.  Felt good in the hand.  I really liked the trigger feel.  In my opinion, the VP9 is just a cut above the Sig.  The grip is nicer.  I like the hand position and the grip.  The trigger had andifferent feel, but after a mag or 2, it felt fantastic.  My shooting was better from the VP9 too.  I think it's a done deal...going to go with the VP9.  If it's good enough for John Wick, it's good enough for me! 😂

IMHO you did it right.  Shoot them all, and the one you shoot the best is the one you buy.

Buying locally on online (before it becomes illegal)?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Got out to do some shooting this afternoon.  Put a box through a Sig 320 and a box through the H&K VP9.  The Sig is a really nice shooter.  Felt good in the hand.  I really liked the trigger feel.  In my opinion, the VP9 is just a cut above the Sig.  The grip is nicer.  I like the hand position and the grip.  The trigger had andifferent feel, but after a mag or 2, it felt fantastic.  My shooting was better from the VP9 too.  I think it's a done deal...going to go with the VP9.  If it's good enough for John Wick, it's good enough for me! [emoji23]

Great choice. I love my H&K I also have the .40. I wish I bought a H&K .45 over my kimber. Best of luck with it.

Just wondering a couple of things:

When you went to the guild were there many people shooting?

Many people in the place? Nephew was in Shooters down the shore today(Saturday) and he said the place was mobbed-couldn't get a parking spot in the lot,

When you shot, did you use your own ammo or did you buy theirs?

Was wondering how much they charge for a box to shoot on their range.

14 minutes ago, 308federal said:

Just wondering a couple of things:

When you went to the guild were there many people shooting?

Many people in the place? Nephew was in Shooters down the shore today(Saturday) and he said the place was mobbed-couldn't get a parking spot in the lot,

When you shot, did you use your own ammo or did you buy theirs?

Was wondering how much they charge for a box to shoot on their range.

Can't ansewr on guild but I know shore shot is insane for ammo right now.  My buddys wife wanted to shoot my 38 I didn't have any made my buddy was going to buy a box but it was 40 bucks.  I told him ill put some together n well go again.   She did shoot my gp100 n shot it well even with 357 rounds. Of 10.3 hs6 with 125 grain jhp