IGNORED

Crow hunting Berkshire valley WMA January 1st?

smungung

Love crow hunting! Yup - legal. It's legal straight through from now until mid-March but only on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. No reason why you can't hunt crows on WMAs - all my crow hunting is done on WMAs.

Remember - it isn't like waterfowl - shooting time is sunrise (NOT half hour before).

See: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2020/20-21mig_seasons.pdf

32 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Love crow hunting! Yup - legal. It's legal straight through from now until mid-March but only on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. No reason why you can't hunt crows on WMAs - all my crow hunting is done on WMAs.

Remember - it isn't like waterfowl - shooting time is sunrise (NOT half hour before).

See: https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2020/20-21mig_seasons.pdf

Have you hunted Berkshire valley before? I don’t know where the parking and hunting areas would be 

Smungung

1 hour ago, smungung said:

Have you hunted Berkshire valley before? I don’t know where the parking and hunting areas would be 

Never. I never even heard of that wma until now. I don't live or hunt up there in that area. And I only hunt spots where I know crows are... And I usually know because I'll hear them when I'm hunting other things like deer and i make a mental note of the area for when i want to crow hunt.

As bob said, usually you want fields. At minimum you want a clearing of some size.

4 hours ago, smungung said:

Hey, does anyone know if crow hunting is allowed on this upcoming Friday January 1st? If yes, is it possible to hunt crows at Berkshire valley wma?

There a parking lot right of Berkshire balky road where minisink rd meets.  You can access woods there.  Then also a lot on howardblvd just up from the cracker barrel.  Haven’t seen lots of crows there.  You eat them? 

18 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

There a parking lot right of Berkshire balky road where minisink rd meets.  You can access woods there.  Then also a lot on howardblvd just up from the cracker barrel.  Haven’t seen lots of crows there.  You eat them? 

I dont mind trying it to see what its like, but its more just to get out and do some gun hunting.

Smungung

On 12/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, smungung said:

Find the dirt road off route 15 South just past Turul Book Bindery. Drive in and ample parking for 50 vehicles. There’s a field down that road they stock with pheasants in season that should work well for what you are looking for.  You can see the road on the photo I attached  

ADCB8873-39F9-4B37-A74E-C26FBD20E403.png

Edited by Bucksnbows