15 hours ago, 230jhp said:

As I have said about muzzloader bullets, stay away from the 209 primers that are marketed for muzzloaders. They just cost more than normal shotgun primers.

Not arguing, maybe ignorant....isn't a 209 primer a shotgun primer? I was told a primer marked 777 or muzzleloader primer is light, a otherwise labeled 209 primer is medium hot, & Federal 209 A, Winchester w209, & cci 209 Magnum are hot primers....

Edited by nmc02
32 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Not arguing, maybe ignorant....isn't a 209 primer a shotgun primer? I was told a primer marked 777 or muzzleloader primer is light, a otherwise labeled 209 primer is medium hot, & Federal 209 B, Winchester w209, & cci 209 Magnum are hot primers....

That is correct.  They are all used for different applications and different primers can affect accuracy

Federal 209A is what I use with my T/C Triumph and Blackhorn 209.  You want to be sure you're using the hotter firing 209 primers.  From years ago there were problems with Blackhorn 209 misfiring or not completely igniting using "less hot" 209 primers.  I believe the Federal 209A and maybe the CCIs were recommended back then, so I've stuck with the Federal 209A ever since.