IGNORED

What’s for Christmas dinner

smittty

3 minutes ago, smittty said:

We are doing seafood. I’m making a lobster salad then we’re gonna have a shrimp cocktail I got some shrimp that are bigger the most drumsticks there 4-6 per pound then the main course will be seared black bass and seared scallops with lobster sauce 

Where do you get those big shrimp Smitty. I haven't seen them since I was a kid and I lived in Newark. We had two fish stores within a block of the house. 

3 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Where do you get those big shrimp Smitty. I haven't seen them since I was a kid and I lived in Newark. We had two fish stores within a block of the house. 

I can get you some if you want there not cheap but  there good pm me if you’re interested. They come in five pound boxes and there not store bought

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

I get all of my fresh seafood from Metropolitan Seafood on 22 in Lebanon.  Best place around.

For Xmas eve...

Shrimp cocktail.  Salmon cakes over grilled Caesar Salad.  Shrimp Scampi.  Fried calamari.  Seafood risotto with scrimp, scallops, calamari and lobster.  

Xmas day...

Charcuterie.  Rib roast that I'm putting on the smoker.   Sweet potato caserole.  Cornbread.  Homemade cranberry sauce.  Asparagus with hollandaise. 

Desserts...

About a dozen types of cookies.  Cannoli cheesecake.  

All homemade by yours truly.  My wife is making the cheesecake some of the cookies and my mom made the rest of the cookies

9 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I haven't seen them since I was a kid and I lived in Newark. We had two fish stores within a block of the house. 

I grew up in nutley. I always went to popular on ferry Street. And the crab king on Miller Street.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I get all of my fresh seafood from Metropolitan Seafood on 22 in Lebanon.  Best place around.

For Xmas eve...

Shrimp cocktail.  Salmon cakes over grilled Caesar Salad.  Shrimp Scampi.  Fried calamari.  Seafood risotto with scrimp, scallops, calamari and lobster.  

Xmas day...

Charcuterie.  Rib roast that I'm putting on the smoker.   Sweet potato caserole.  Cornbread.  Homemade cranberry sauce.  Asparagus with hollandaise. 

Desserts...

About a dozen types of cookies.  Cannoli cheesecake.  

All homemade by yours truly.  My wife is making the cheesecake some of the cookies and my mom made the rest of the cookies

Yup sounds good most of my seafood is off the boat.  What I do need is some one to make desserts mine are all store bought

5 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Been there the prices are astronomical.But  they do have quality stuff,that's what it costs living so far from The Fulton fish market.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I grew up in nutley. I always went to popular on ferry Street. And the crab king on Miller Street.

4 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Been there the prices are astronomical.But  they do have quality stuff,that's what it costs living so far from The Fulton fish market.

There is no more Fulton fish market 

28 minutes ago, smittty said:

We are doing seafood. I’m making a lobster salad then we’re gonna have a shrimp cocktail I got some shrimp that are bigger the most drumsticks there 4-6 per pound then the main course will be seared black bass and seared scallops with lobster sauce 

Standing Rib Roast - mashed potatoes and green beans -   Deviled Eggs - shrimp and pasta dish...... always keeping it simple, may snag a bag of mussels though on thursday