IGNORED

Straight wall cartridges

Buckeyes11

15 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Seem to be the new hit item in many states. Does anyone think that it might happen here in Nj. Been looking at the Savage 110 in 350 legend 

The real controversy....what is better 350 legend or 450 bushmaster??!!

Anything involving firearms from regulations, laws etc are all regressing in this state. I don’t see anyone in govt trying to push this forward.  It would only be met with massive resistance from the public. We can’t even have a damn bear hunt for Christ sake. Muzzy and shotgun for life in this state....... shit knowing this state we might even be archery only in a few years....

10 hours ago, nmc02 said:

The real controversy....what is better 350 legend or 450 bushmaster??!!

I moved to Delaware, where straight walled cartridges are legal for deer. I am pretty sure Maryland allows them in shotgun regions as well. I'm leaning toward .450 bushmaster, recoil has never been a problem for me.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

19 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Anything involving firearms from regulations, laws etc are all regressing in this state. I don’t see anyone in govt trying to push this forward.  It would only be met with massive resistance from the public. We can’t even have a damn bear hunt for Christ sake. Muzzy and shotgun for life in this state....... shit knowing this state we might even be archery only in a few years....

Totally agree , with all new administration we’ll be lucky to maintain what we have ,  let alone try to gain more , our time for that has past unfortunately and now we sit and wait. 

It amazes me how few here understand how the Fish & Game Council works. If we all reach out to our county Federation presidents and tell them to fight for this change, they will listen. Trenton does not get to legislate which weapons we use so long as they are legal. NJ will never allow high power rounds for deer hunting nor should it based on our dense population, but a straight wall cartridge like those mentioned make perfect sense. And more and more states around us are going this route which bodes well for change. So call or write or attend a Federation meeting after Covid and tell them what you want. 

Ballistic-ally speaking - are any of the top straight walled cartridges any different than a 3" 20ga Accutip?   

I think it makes perfect sense - Ohio allows it.    I remember checking this out once, I do not think they are that far off and actually most modern muzzy's can outperform the straight walled cartridges.    Bring it I say  (just reduce gun season to one week plus 2 doe days please)

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….