Jump to content

Great price Muck Arctic Ice boots


Recommended Posts

What concerns me lately is that you can very rarely find what the boots actually weigh. To me that's important. I used to see the weight per boot or total weight (not shipping weight) but it's very rare now. I realize that the more insulating the boot, the heavier it may weigh but it would be nice to know what you are dealing with ahead of time. A heavy boot only makes you sweaty when walking to your stand. Not criticizing this particuler boot, just making a general comment about boot sales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy mine a size bigger so I can wiggle the old toes and keep warm. These boots are pretty impressive. My only complaint is that the heel on the inside has frayed after two seasons and can give a small blister.  I only wear them on hunts and not for scouting, so not a crazy amount of mile on them. They are warm though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rasputin732 said:

I buy mine a size bigger so I can wiggle the old toes and keep warm. These boots are pretty impressive. My only complaint is that the heel on the inside has frayed after two seasons and can give a small blister.  I only wear them on hunts and not for scouting, so not a crazy amount of mile on them. They are warm though. 

Your boots being a size bigger is why the heel is fraying and giving you a blister.  Your foot is moving in the oversized boot allowing the heel to rub.  I have the same issue with muck boots.  I have always worn lacrosse boots a bit big to leave air around the toes and never had any problems but with muck my foot rubs along the heel if I wear oversized boots without real thick socks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, beaverman said:

Your boots being a size bigger is why the heel is fraying and giving you a blister.  Your foot is moving in the oversized boot allowing the heel to rub.  I have the same issue with muck boots.  I have always worn lacrosse boots a bit big to leave air around the toes and never had any problems but with muck my foot rubs along the heel if I wear oversized boots without real thick socks.

I bough a pair f these last year and never wore anything else in cold weather since. I buy the actual size, not bigger as some suggest, and they fit me like a glove. On very cold days I still use toe warmers but IMO this boot is the way to go. Its also rubber almost to the top so nothing gets ripped or punctured. Easy on, easy off in all weather and terrain.
Getting your boost bigger makes no sense if you intent to walk in them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 2:03 PM, beaverman said:

Your boots being a size bigger is why the heel is fraying and giving you a blister.  Your foot is moving in the oversized boot allowing the heel to rub.  I have the same issue with muck boots.  I have always worn lacrosse boots a bit big to leave air around the toes and never had any problems but with muck my foot rubs along the heel if I wear oversized boots without real thick socks.

I have a pair of Lacrosse boots but they are so big and heavy I used them few time and parked them for good. The front end of the boot is so bulky it is difficult to use  them on long wolf climber and in fact sticks as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I bough a pair f these last year and never wore anything else in cold weather since. I buy the actual size, not bigger as some suggest, and they fit me like a glove. On very cold days I still use toe warmers but IMO this boot is the way to go. Its also rubber almost to the top so nothing gets ripped or punctured. Easy on, easy off in all weather and terrain.
Getting your boost bigger makes no sense if you intent to walk in them.  

So true.  The worst thing you can do with pull on no lace boots is buying oversize unless you're not walking anywhere.  Muck site says buy yr exact size.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...