IGNORED

Bounty on Coyote and 365 day a year hunting season for them! What is your opinion on this.

bushden

25 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

If wildlife, including coyotes and foxes causes damage to  your property or livestock you can hunt them all year long by any legal means. I have hunted foxes mid summer with a note from the farmer, designated me as his agent,  after foxes killed few of his chickens. So if coyotes killed sheep on the farm, have at it any time of the year. 

image.png.156b571dd3e513337ecf9a24aaeb2734.png

Under Wildlife Damage Control it states that .......".fox and coyote may control these animals by lawful procedures at any time subject to state law".....   Does this mean you can set snares to "control" them when trapping season is not currently going on?

1 minute ago, ratherbhunting said:

Under Wildlife Damage Control it states that .......".fox and coyote may control these animals by lawful procedures at any time subject to state law".....   Does this mean you can set snares to "control" them when trapping season is not currently going on?

If snares for fox or coyotes are legal in NJ then yes.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:12 PM, bushden said:

I personally think the state should impose a bounty on Coyotes and there should be be a  24/7, 365 day a year season.  They are taking a big bite out of our other game species including turkey, pheasant & deer and domestic sheep. I have over the past several years have had them kill sheep on the farm I hunt. If you shoot a deer where I hunt and do not recover it in the 1st couple hours you could bet it will be all tore up by coyotes.

Predator losses
In 2014, it was estimated that 61,712 adult sheep and 132,683 lambs were killed by predators in the United States (USDA, 2015), costing farmers and ranchers almost $32.6 million. In 2014, predation accounted for 28.1 percent of sheep losses and 36.4 percent of lamb losses.

xyz.JPG

Every year I buy my WV deer hunting license I donate $2 towards their DNRs coyote management fund....not sure how it operates....maybe they pay trappers to target yotes....I would do the same for NJ if they had such a thing 

3 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Every year I buy my WV deer hunting license I donate $2 towards their DNRs coyote management fund....not sure how it operates....maybe they pay trappers to target yotes....I would do the same for NJ if they had such a thing 

ME TO

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 hours ago, ratherbhunting said:

These regulations are to vaguely written making them open for interpretation  which is never good.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

4 hours ago, NJTrapper said:

Trappers could knock the hell out of them if they gave us our tools back. Namely the foot hold.

Your right but that will never happen, the animal atavists would rally hard on it if we tried.

Edited by bushden
spelling

HONOR THE FALLEN

17 minutes ago, bushden said:

Your right but that will never happen, the animal atavists would rally hard on it if we tried.

You are also right. But it was not anties so much as it was our fellow sportsman also. Snares are a great tool, but it is like taking the hammer away from the carpenter. You just can't do an efficient job.

3 hours ago, NJTrapper said:

Trappers could knock the hell out of them if they gave us our tools back. Namely the foot hold.

They ain't as easy to catch as you think. Footies or not. Footies don't make a trapper any better. 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

29 minutes ago, NJTrapper said:

Neither does a snare. But it's just another way to hobble us from doing our job. 

KIMG1020.thumb.JPG.a5582562e500daab2c04c5a0d027a27e.JPG

Nah, no hobbling here. Lighter to carry, quicker to set, less crap to carry. And I lay steel for fur also. Adapt, adjust, and overcome

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

22 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

KIMG1020.thumb.JPG.a5582562e500daab2c04c5a0d027a27e.JPG

Nah, no hobbling here. Lighter to carry, quicker to set, less crap to carry. And I lay steel for fur also. Adapt, adjust, and overcome

Any way you can get them is good.

HONOR THE FALLEN

1 hour ago, NJTrapper said:

Not saying snares don't work, or are not easier to use, just saying our tools have been taken away making it harder to get things under control.

0217191307.jpg

We need more trappers but with the price of furs you guys are harder and harder to find.

HONOR THE FALLEN