IGNORED

Bounty on Coyote and 365 day a year hunting season for them! What is your opinion on this.

bushden

7 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

They should allow bait from a stand and structure.  They allow it for deer why not coyote?  

You aalso cant legally kill a coyote if you are deer hunting in a stand or a structure and are within 300' of bait

They should also allow rifles in State 

Incidental to legally deer hunting yes you can.  If you are legally deer hunting over bait and a coyote shows up it is an incidental kill

6 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

What you quoted is correct but only states the coyote fox season.  Hunters may take coyotes incidently to deer hunting during any open deer season.

You can not bait for fox and coyote when hunting them specifically. 

Screenshot_20201216-214055_Kindle.jpg

Edited by vdep217

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

What you quoted is correct but only states the coyote fox season.  Hunters may take coyotes incidently to deer hunting during any open deer season.

You can not bait for fox and coyote when hunting them specifically. 

Screenshot_20201216-214055_Kindle.jpg

I spend a lot of time educating you!  

Screenshot_20201216-214247~2.jpg

On 12/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, Lunatic said:

I guess every area is different. I hunt groundhogs all summer long and I have never seen one yote. Foxes yes, yotes no.  That’s in hunterdon Co. 

hunterdon has lots of the between 523 and route 12

On 12/16/2020 at 7:17 PM, Lunatic said:

To be honest it dies not looK like a great deal of sighting for 12 months 

Importantly, the map shows that the I95 corridor, where the majority of the state’s human population are, is almost devoid of them.  This explains the lack of complaints...

I like the idea, but it's probably a pipe dream. It worked years ago, but the whole country was based on agriculture back then. Putting money in the equation would probably get more folks involved, but I wouldn't hold my breath on any of this ever happening.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

On 12/16/2020 at 5:11 PM, bushden said:

When the weather is warm and you can sit out 12 hours and nothing else is in season it would make for something else to do in the spring when they are most active stalking new born deer, turkey that are active mating and making a lot of noise, sheep that are dropping young etc.  We never seen or heard of coyotes in NJ in the 50'60's then all of  sudden they started coming back, some said they were cross breeds with wild dogs, I never did beleave that they were cross breed with wild dogs, but I would not be surprised to hear that they somehow were reintroduced intentionally.  What I do know for certain is they kill sheep, I have personally cleaned up dead sheep and when young are being born they stalk they flocks. We allowed trappers in but they do not put a dent in the pack.

If wildlife, including coyotes and foxes causes damage to  your property or livestock you can hunt them all year long by any legal means. I have hunted foxes mid summer with a note from the farmer, designated me as his agent,  after foxes killed few of his chickens. So if coyotes killed sheep on the farm, have at it any time of the year. 

image.png.156b571dd3e513337ecf9a24aaeb2734.png

Edited by Lunatic