IGNORED

Bounty on Coyote and 365 day a year hunting season for them! What is your opinion on this.

bushden

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I would do it in the summer if they allow it. I just don’t think you would get many if any.  
every year some club in south nj has fox/yote contest. A bunch of guys hit  the woods and I have yet to see one yote killed. Very few guys kill them on this site. We have two guys killing them with some success but the rest of us show occasional incidental kill.      I have been at it for 4 years and nothing. They are much smarter here than yotes you see hunted Out west. IMO

I would love to try in the summer, I have seen them while Ground Hog hunting and think they might actually be easier to hunt as there are a lont of young ones that the adults will try to protect. I THINK !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I called one in - once (only once).

A couple years ago, I was squirrel hunting with an airgun when, on my walk back to the truck, I saw one not 40 yards away from me -- staring at me. I could do nothing with an airgun in my hand. So I went back there the very next morning with my .223, and within 5 minutes of the FoxPro calling, this yote came trotting out into a field about 120 yards away. I still can't believe I missed :)

Anyway, I have never called another one in - and that specific one never showed up again (I gave him a PhD. -- he is well edumacated now).

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

A couple years back, I actually asked DFW about extending the coyote season . I was told (I'm paraphrasing): "The data we have does not suggest a problem in the coyote numbers in the state. This is why we ask people to report coyote sightings."

Based on what I was told, they simply don't have the data to back up a 365-day season (remember, unlike Governor Murphy, the DFW produce policies based on science and data, not political pressure from radical bear huggers and militant environmentalists B)).

If you want a year-long yote season, report all your coyote sightings (and hearings, too) to the state so they can get better data. We, hunters, as a group are in a better position to obtain data than any others - we don't have to make up data like the tree huggers - we are out in the woods daily and know what we see and hear. I know for a fact there are coyotes literally in EVERY area that I hunt. I'm trying to think and I don't think there is a single place that I hunt that I haven't at least heard (if not seen) a coyote. Yes, I have reported these sightings (and hearings) multiple times to the state.

But doesn't this coyote range map from 2016 show enough? I know, to them no.

image.thumb.png.b3e7ff0947661464a21efc7125e08045.png

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

44 minutes ago, bushden said:

I would love to try in the summer, I have seen them while Ground Hog hunting and think they might actually be easier to hunt as there are a lont of young ones that the adults will try to protect. I THINK !

I guess every area is different. I hunt groundhogs all summer long and I have never seen one yote. Foxes yes, yotes no.  That’s in hunterdon Co. 

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I guess every area is different. I hunt groundhogs all summer long and I have never seen one yote. Foxes yes, yotes no.  That’s in hunterdon Co. 

I am in somerset, if a siren goes off you can't what it sounds like. The coyots go crazy

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL