IGNORED

Favorite way to prep backstrap

FeniQuest217

Stuffed with cream cheese, chopped bacon, mushrooms, onions, parsley - put any BBQ rub on the outside.. then preferably smoked - but you can cook it in the oven if you don't have a smoker. You don't have to wrap it in bacon, but that just adds to the awesomeness.

Tell me this doesn't make you hungry: https://howtobbqright.com/2018/05/10/stuffed-venison-backstrap/

This is absolutely AWESOME!

two great simple ways to use:

1) slice crosswise into 1-1.5" thick medallions. marinate in light soy sauce, dark grade maple syrup, thyme, rosemary, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper for 5-6 hrs in a plastic bag or container in fridge, shaking hard.  grill quickly --like 2 mins a side--on very high flame medium-rare on (preferrably non gas) grill. Sprinkle a little rosemary flecks on it as it goes onto grill.  Don't add any salt, since it will get more than enough from the soy sauce

2) slice thin , a little under 1/4". put in bowl with paprika, pepper and salt, garlic powder, and chili powder to taste. pour a little white vinegar over top and mix up. Let sit as you slice jalapenos the long way, in strips. start frying crushed whole garlic teeth in olive oil and dump in jalapenos. When jalapenos begin to caramelize, put thin sliced meat in pan to sautee for like 30 seconds a side. make sure you don't leave it so long it's no longer soft.  Serve over white rice or on a good ciabatta or country bread. 

Edited by JFC1

22 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Stuffed with cream cheese, chopped bacon, mushrooms, onions, parsley - put any BBQ rub on the outside.. then preferably smoked - but you can cook it in the oven if you don't have a smoker. You don't have to wrap it in bacon, but that just adds to the awesomeness.

Tell me this doesn't make you hungry: https://howtobbqright.com/2018/05/10/stuffed-venison-backstrap/

This is absolutely AWESOME!

HAHAHAH NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!  

Ill keep this idea when i get my buck but since i only have the backstrap for now thinking of keeping it simple

Whatever you decide, DO NOT cook past medium rare. Hot and fast is best. A sear in the fry pan and basted with butter is great. Simple too. Make sure you defrost fully and drain all the blood. As long as there is blood present, keep draining. The number of ways to prepare are too numerous to list. I like mine simple. No bacon or other ingredients to mask the flavor. Finally, a wine reduction drizzled on the meat is fantastic.