Wild Florida quail!

Long time.no see folks! Been busy down here, but I did finally get out with cash for some quail, wild birds are a far cry from pen birds! They are as fast as lightning! Cash seems to have got the hang of them with many solid points, my shooting on the other hand, yeah well we won't mention that! But I did bag 1. Cash is shaping up to be as good or better than Attila was. I'm proud of him.

20201210_134818_HDR.jpg

12 hours ago, Kype said:

nice. glad you checked in. looks like FL is being good to you. enjoy the dinner. 

I cleaned it up.and gave it to cash! Lol, he loved it. Yes Florida has been great though covid set me.back a bit but not much, its been getting busier. Gonna give it a go Saturday with cash's breeder, he will be hunting with his mom! 😂

Wow!  Awesome!

terms “wild” and “quail” usually don’t go along in the same sentence nowadays 

last quail I shot was bout 8-9 yrs ago starting my setter in Greenwood....it was good training...but definitely got turned off by each quail having gobs of quail shit the size of large gum balls stuck to their feet that made them not very gamey 

Been preferring to go after late season hold over pheasants ever since

On 12/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Jerzguy2 said:

Are there still quite a few down there? When I was in school down there ( many years ago ), there were tons along the brushy areas near the bay in the Sarasota area. Now these areas are all houses and condo's.

Yep, there is quite a bit, need to be north of Sarasota and Tampa, the WMA I hunt has a pretty stable population.