IGNORED

PSA - Potential Snowstorm Coming Next Week

Russ 11

Nothing for nothing I hear a lot of guys talking about propping up the roofs on your blinds I never do because my thinking is that if you prop the center hub up there’s nothing to give and you will break the rods. I usually just leave mine and most of the time it collapse”s but nothing breaks but yes I have had them break in the past once or twice. So that being said have you guys that prop them up ever have the rods break

Looks like the possibility of heavy snow coming Weds/Thurs. I'm taking my ground blind down today. No sense taking any chances. I'm was using it as a B/U in rainy weather but I put  up a stand roof on my primary spot to take care of some mild snow and rain should it pop up while I'm out. 

49 minutes ago, smittty said:

Nothing for nothing I hear a lot of guys talking about propping up the roofs on your blinds I never do because my thinking is that if you prop the center hub up there’s nothing to give and you will break the rods. I usually just leave mine and most of the time it collapse”s but nothing breaks but yes I have had them break in the past once or twice. So that being said have you guys that prop them up ever have the rods break

They break more often when they collapse .

‘if your using a center hub support you need to make sure it is strong enough to not collapse or it will go through the roof .

IMO a piece of pvc cut to the right length works better than the expandable poles for that reason .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

29 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

IMO a piece of pvc cut to the right length works better than the expandable poles for that reason .

I like your thinking.:bulb:2"o.d. painted flat black,cut in three sections with couplings with no cement. This way you can easily pack it in and out disassembled.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

34 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

They break more often when they collapse .

‘if your using a center hub support you need to make sure it is strong enough to not collapse or it will go through the roof .

Ok I will bring a tape measure tomorrow