IGNORED

New Range at Flatbrook: Trashed

ERS

OK, quick story first.  I went to the new range at Flatbrook to sight in my muzzleloader today.  I wanted to check the scope because I hit my buck about 10" from where I aimed.  Turns out the scope was fine but I'm a terrible off hand shooter.  I have to start bringing my rest to my stands.

Now the real reason for the post.  The State finished updating the range and it is now a great facility.  One problem: the users trash it.  Targets, stands, litter, spent shells all over the place.  What a shame and a real poor showing for the "sportsmen" who trash it.  The conditions are far worse than they appear in the one picture.

20201201_192340.jpg

20201208_115032.jpg

20201208_115128~2.jpg

12 minutes ago, ERS said:

OK, quick story first.  I went to the new range at Flatbrook to sight in my muzzleloader today.  I wanted to check the scope because I hit my buck about 10" from where I aimed.  Turns out the scope was fine but I'm a terrible off hand shooter.  I have to start bringing my rest to my stands.

Now the real reason for the post.  The State finished updating the range and it is now a great facility.  One problem: the users trash it.  Targets, stands, litter, spent shells all over the place.  What a shame and a real poor showing for the "sportsmen" who trash it.  The conditions are far worse than they appear in the one picture.

20201201_192340.jpg

20201208_115032.jpg

20201208_115128~2.jpg

REMINGTON 700 ML I have been using that rifle since the 1st year they came out. I have taken more deer with it than any other way.

NICE BUCK CONGRATULATIONS !!

Edited by bushden
SPELLING

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

13 minutes ago, MPSR said:

Now you know how they live...Scumbags!

Use and abuse.... I live here. To be honest they should have camera's on these. Not only for safety but to catch the rebels doing this..

Hey if your low on cash bring a porta vac. probably 100 pounds in brass already since centerfire is now allowed.

yup I saw all kinds of brass all over

Congrats on a nice buck!

It’s the same dickhead slob generation that steal cameras and stands nowadays. 

same scumbags leaving their plastic gloves at the gut pile 

I park near a HS for work and it’s disgusting to see HS juniors and seniors empty their car garbage right at the curb

we have lost our way some time ago....

probably started when they stopped airing this commercial...i remember it was always on tv when I was a kid

Edited by Bonefreak

The same group of guys that will complain about how kids ruin a new high school (just an example), are the ones who leave this place trashed. It’s a shame, only you can hold yourself to a higher standard, it’s easy to be lazy. Our fellow sportsman are lazy...

Was at Clinton range last week sighting in my slug gun with my buddy. After the lane we were waiting for opened, the guy shooting before us asked my buddy where the garbage was. My buddy said the the dumpster (30 yards away); the guy dropped all of his spent shells anD boxes back on the ground and left. Unreal how people abuse public and ruin it for the rest of us. We picked it up and threw it away 

Edited by WVAhunter08

Congrats on your buck!  Always good to practice offhand if you intend on shooting that way. Also look at ways to wrap your guns sling/strap around your arm to stabilize your form while shooting.  Sticks are always great if you have them available (tough from a stand). 

Sucks about the range.  Take out what you take in.