IGNORED

Work has begun on the Chevelle/Update

LPJR

Nice work so far, fun project when no time frame is there.

Working under gun sucks.

I've been working on boat most the winer when I get the chance, my wife doesn't understand why I just don't wait till summer to work on it.

Sometimes it's best just to smile and change the subject lol.

Keep up the great work and let's hope for blue sky's warm nights and the ability to unsocialy distance and enjoy the work we did over this time, by meeting and talking face to face with like minded people.

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Unless you have ever done a full retoration on a classic, the average person has no clue of how much time, money, sourcing, and frustration is involved. I did a frame-off total restoration on a 1970 350/350 HP Corvette Coupe a number of years ago. Plus it had been totaled when I purchased it. So I had to glue a new front end onto it. And I painted it myself in my garage! It took me ten years of working on it in the spring and summer of each year. I also took 18 months off to put an addition on my house. Sold that car two years ago and now I restore vintage Harley Davidson Sportsters. I would much rather do bikes because they are a fraction of the work and the money.

57 minutes ago, trapoholic said:

Unless you have ever done a full retoration on a classic, the average person has no clue of how much time, money, sourcing, and frustration is involved. I did a frame-off total restoration on a 1970 350/350 HP Corvette Coupe a number of years ago. Plus it had been totaled when I purchased it. So I had to glue a new front end onto it. And I painted it myself in my garage! It took me ten years of working on it in the spring and summer of each year. I also took 18 months off to put an addition on my house. Sold that car two years ago and now I restore vintage Harley Davidson Sportsters. I would much rather do bikes because they are a fraction of the work and the money.

Agree 100%. We are into the left side quarter at over 40 hours since we are rebuilding from the inside out, crazy how time consuming it is.  Right side is next.....

If you have pics of the Vette and bikes, post them up. Would love to see them trap......:up:

Here are some of my restoration projects from past and present. I am currently working on the black 1970 XLH. It is the one owner Harley with the Solo seat. That bike is super rare! One of only 3600 Electric Start Sportsters produced in 1970. That bike came out of a museum in Kansas! Today, most of the other 1970 XLH's have been parted out, chopped, totaled, or shipped to Japan! I have an original paint set of fenders and an original paint fiberglass "Boattail" seat. The non factory exhaust is getting replaced with a period correct "Bronson " exhaust. It will be a completely original "Boattail" 1970 XLH when complete. Very rare!

-The blue sportster is an all original 1976 XLH.

-The black sportster next to it is an all original 1974 XLH.

-The burgundy sportster is an all original 1974 XLCH

-The 1970 350/350HP white corvete was totalled and needed a full restoration when I bought it in 1995. Now its "Showroom".

All the bikes have been restored back to factory original. That's just my thing.

100_0622.JPG

100_2045.JPG

100_0838 (1).JPG

100_0789.JPG

100_1487.JPG

34 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have no mechanical or creative skills.  I admire and can appreciate the work people are putting into these projects, but I could never do one myself.  Fantastic work folks!  Please keep posting pics!

I actually bought the 1970 white corvette to learn auto mechanics and repair. Now I am not too afraid to take just about anything on.

1 minute ago, trapoholic said:

I actually bought the 1970 white corvette to learn auto mechanics and repair. Now I am not too afraid to take just about anything on.

I don't have a garage.  I need to build one.  My neighbor has the garage everyone wants.  Huge with a solid iron I-beam with a powered winch on it.  I just look over the fence with jealousy.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.