IGNORED

Work has begun on the Chevelle/Update

LPJR

Looking good Lou!:up:

I picked up this 2004 Silverado 2500HD as a project truck. So far, I've repaired the engine, a bunch of wiring and ground issues, some lighting stuff, 6 inch suspension lift, wheels and tires. Next is rocker panel repair, redoing the headliner and rubber floor. After that pull the bed and do so welding repairs in the rear. I figure I'll be done in April.

20201121_161817.jpg

20210203_115954 (2).jpg

31 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

I picked up this 2004 Silverado 2500HD as a project truck. So far, I've repaired the engine, a bunch of wiring and ground issues, some lighting stuff, 6 inch suspension lift, wheels and tires. Next is rocker panel repair, redoing the headliner and rubber floor. After that pull the bed and do so welding repairs in the rear. I figure I'll be done in April.

20201121_161817.jpg

20210203_115954 (2).jpg

Looks great Ken! Keep the progress and pics coming..:up:

2 hours ago, mightyhunter said:

Nice to see you're doing it RIGHT!

Just curious, why did you sand the quarter down when you ended up cutting off the bad stuff anyway? Did you not know just how bad it was?

Great project have fun :up:

Exactly right.. We wanted to see what we were dealing with before starting..

On point. :up:

Edited by LPJR

That’s awesome can’t wait till end result.. Remember lining the trunk with Towels to put the trout on after fishing at the flatbrook. Then I’d get faked out as he would tell me the car wouldn’t start and Bigfoot’s coming down the mountain.. The old days of Friday stockings and fishing till dark..👍

2 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

20201121_161817.jpg

20210203_115954 (2).jpg

Go Chevy!

2 hours ago, midwestxpress said:

Its refreshing to see a guy working on his own car doing a lot of the work himself. 

With two girls in college, it is the only way I am able to. Glad also since my buddy has an eye for this and he knows what he is doing. His '69 Z-28 was in really bad shape before he restored it on a rotisserie in the same garage we are doing mine in. 

If brought to a body shop, I feel the quarter skins would have been installed without addressing the inside and wheel wells. Taking more time doing it this way, but it is actually becoming something we look forward to each week when we have the same days off together..

Edited by LPJR

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy and I put in lots of hours on the car the last 2 days.  Outer wheel well, trunk entension, etc, all welded in place. After checking and rechecking the body lines and quarter panel and fit at least 25-50 times, it was tack welded tonight.  

Tons of grinding, sanding, massaging.  Very happy how well the project is coming. The rear is basically all new metal and the trunk was sanded down and painted tonight.

Seam sealer was used before painting them...Used panel clips to hold the quarter skin as it was tack welded in place. 

It is cool seeing the Chevelle come together...Now it is getting to be fun....

Resized_20210221_183647.jpeg

Resized_20210222_142339.jpeg

Resized_20210222_143252.jpeg

Resized_20210222_143654.jpeg

Resized_20210222_162010.jpeg

Resized_20210222_175118.jpeg

Resized_20210222_192309.jpeg

Resized_20210222_192320.jpeg

Edited by LPJR