IGNORED

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm Low Capacity

BowhunterNJ

Have you checked Gunbroker.com? I usually start there to see what the No Reserve auctions are selling at. That gives me a good idea of what market price is. Add 3% if you use a credit card to buy, + shipping, and + NJ FFL fees. If you can't get it cheaper on GunBroker than locally, pick it up locally.

I got my Glock 23 below dealer cost on GunBroker, so it was worth it to buy one. The Glock 42s I'm stalking need to come in at $320 for it to be worth my while buying one online, but they are selling for around $350 for a slow day. Still $20 more expensive than buying locally.

That's what I usually do when I start looking for a new firearm.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Yeah there is one on there, but it's the full mag version, which I can't have those mags here in NJ.

Messaged the seller to see if it's possible to swap the mags out, that or I'd have to buy without and get my own mags.

I need to look around locally to see if anyone has one.  It's probably not common to have that particular model in stock, but I could be wrong.

Found one in RI, none of the NJ shops had them or could get them, or they just didn't return my call.

RI model was the high capacity, they offered to swap out one mag to the low capacity model for free and charge me cost for a second since they had to order it.

Good stuff...transferring to FFL here in NJ...will have it available when my next permit is valid :up:

I see Bud's has the 40S&W model in, but no 9mm.

I wonder if an email to CZ might help?

If you just have to have it, you could always buy the high cap model.  

The firearm has to be sent to an ffl.  You cannot legally possess a high cap mag, but the ffl can.  Advise the ffl it is understood that you will not be taking possession of the magazine.

Low cap mags are relatively cheap for the CZ75.  Again, only if you just have to have it.

Gotta have it! :)

What you described is what I'm doing, going with the high capacity mags, the RI dealer is keeping the mags and replacing them with the low capacity ones they are ordering from CZ.

In speaking with an FFL yesterday here in NJ, it sounded like they also couldn't have the high capacity mags in their possession.  I may have misheard though?  I just know for sure I can't have them.

I just know for sure I can't have them.

Have you ever heard of a gun trust? 

As I understand it, if you had a gun trust, the magazine could go in to that trust.  As could a Steyr Aug, for example.

Neither would be yours, but part of the trust, located in your home.  I doubt you could take either out, to a range in NJ for example.  However, wonder what peaceable journey would have to say about taking it to a range in Pa, where they would be allowed.

Just saying...

Also, just saying: (1) I'm no lawyer, (2) I haven't set up a trust, (3) see a lawyer if you want a trust, and (4) assume I am totally wrong in everything I just said!

Glad you found it and are about to go through the FFL experience.  It's worth it to see how it works.  My local FFL who also sells at retail is really cool.  Told me to buy it elsewhere if it's cheaper, he has no problem doing the FFL.  He knows I'm going to come back and buy hundreds of rounds of ammo from him, so I guess it's in his best interest to keep a steady supply of new guns in my hands.  I'm trying not to compulsively buy the Glock 42 he has in stock.  The price will come down...eventually...someday...

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I would advise against testing the NJ gun laws, strongly.  I have no personal experience testing the laws in NJ (traffic laws excepted), but after seeing how some law enforcement respond/react to firearms in this state, you can assume it won't go well for you.  Expect to be incarcerated, charged, and treated like a life-long felon throughout the process.  IMHO your rights will be violated flagrantly, there will be no compassion toward you from the legal system or the media, and you will end the process losing more than you'd be gaining.  Pessimistic, yes, but this is NJ, and you can see it happening around you already.

As an excellent example, the same prosecutor who charged Shaneen Allen with gun crimes and is aggressively pushing for prison time allowed Ray Rice to enter a pre-trial intervention program after he brutally assaulted his fiancé in an elevator.  That's how we roll in NJ.  Let the NFL star walk but send to prison a single mother without a criminal record whose only crime was being honest and not understanding the law.

The gun laws in this state and the people who create and enforce them like this disgust me.  THEY have the power, they will let you know it, and that's something I know is a losing battle to fight.

Sorry about the rant, but this is the reality of gun laws in NJ.  Keep your nose clean because as a gun owner you are already a criminal in the eyes of the NJ justice system.

I mean no disrespect to the LEOs here.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I agree, trust me I'm following the procedures to a T with the guidance of an FFL.

I'm not even trying to get the original mags for this gun, only the low capacity ones that are NJ legal.

No intentions of doing anything I even remotely suspect wouldn't fly here.

I agree, you could easily be put in a bad position in this state based on interpretation of the laws and it will be on you (at your expense) to get legal counsel to prove your innocence.

Shame it's so restrictive here that it comes down to doing things in that manner, but it's better than the alternative.

BowHunterNJ,

Did the model have to be a SP-01?  I have a P-01 that I just love.  Not crazy about the P-07, a bit too much plastic for my old fashioned taste.

The P-01 is more compact, but a design I really like.

I wish Timney or someone would make a trigger.  CZ makes a nice firearm, but their triggers leave a lot to be desired.  I'll have to figure out how to clean up the creep and over travel one of these days. I called CZ about a trigger job and the price they quoted was not far off a new gun. :-(

Yeah, wanted the SP01...not for any particular reason other than it caught my eye.  I had an opportunity to feel it out (not shoot it though) at a gun shop and decided to find and buy it.

Honestly not sure how the trigger will be, but I'm sure I can adapt to it.

This is really just for target fun and as a home defense option as well.