IGNORED

Buddy Heater recommendations?

Swamp_Yankee

Looking to get a Buddy heater for the Swamphouse, my treehouse blind:

The Swamphouse is only about 60 SF but the sides are all open to allow for shooting out of any side of the blind.  I just have a couple of layers of camo burlap draped over the openings to hide my silhouette and cut the wind a little.  I know I'm not going to get the thing toasty with the large openings, but I figure I can take the edge off on really cold days and maybe dress a little lighter on average cold days.  It would be nice to be able to just warm my hands/keep my feet by it too.  I'm not concerned about runtime because I can easily lug a 20lb grill tank up there with me (I'll mount the tank outside the blind).  I understand that you need some kind of special hose and filter to keep the mercaptan oil from the bigger tanks from getting sucked into the heater.  Which one?  The Buddy, Big Buddy, Hunting Buddy?   

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

How many BTUs are the ones you guys have?  It looks like the choices are 9,000 (Buddy), 12,000 (Hunting Buddy) and 18,000 (Big Buddy).

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

For the size you are talking the regular Buddy should be fine. I refill all my 1 pound cylinders. I run a propane  lamp, Buddy Heater, and a Coleman stove on the 1 pounders at my hunting camp. The price of them new is ridiculous, kinda like the prices some guys are asking for slugs on here

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Wife bought 2 of the portable buddy 9,000-4,000 btu heaters..indoor suitable according to the box. She got them to use in tents when we camp in the fall. I used 1 a few times in Jan in my popup deer blind. I wasn't able to sit there in a t shirt and shorts but i did not freeze. Mainly had it pointed to my legs and feet.

Yup when your in a 6x6 blind sitting with two or more widows open from you wast down stay real toasty that’s with the smaller buddy. The big buddy would be ok if you have a blind to leave it but if not I would go.  With the smaller of the two. Also when you sitting directly in front of an open window with wind blasting your face the bigger one won’t be no warmer the the smaller on and I only keep that on low most of the time 

I just ran a smaller Buddy all week in a 30 foot camper and it kept it toasty enough that the trailer heat didn't go on. It is a great little heater. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."