IGNORED

I Was Asked A Question & I Wasn't Sure Of The Answer

BHC

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I am not sure as well but I am thinking yes. I remember reading "not at the same time" so if you come back the same day it should be ok.

However you can get a confirmation number without even coming down from your stand

"2 antlered deer (only one buck at a time may be taken)" from the Digest just now.  I take that as once you report and receive a confirmation #, you are back in the game for buck # 2 even if same day.   

Ha, Ha. You can't shoot two at the same time. But it really means you can't REPORT two at the same time. Ridiculous.

When I shot two antlerless deer the system allowed me to do both at the same time without having to start all over again. 

The rule applied to bucks during 6 day can easily be circumvented. 

Edited by archer36

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

Ha, Ha. You can't shoot two at the same time. But it really means you can't REPORT two at the same time. Ridiculous.

When I shot two antlerless deer the system allowed me to do both at the same time without having to start all over again. 

Because some zones you are allowed 2 at a time during permit

22 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Screenshot_20201204-113617.jpg

WE GOT A WINNER HERE!!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I keep looking for referees making sure I'm playing by the rules. Really messes up my deer hunting having to move my head too much and getting picked off by Muy Grande who I didn't see coming up the hill while I was looking for the zebra.

Some of the rules do have you shaking your head, but I imagine there is some sort of reasoning behind them. What are the reasons would be the question.

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

"2 antlered deer (only one buck at a time may be taken)" from the Digest just now.  I take that as once you report and receive a confirmation #, you are back in the game for buck # 2 even if same day.   

Yes, that is correct.  Fate had it when I got my buck 8am, dragged him out, checked in at jumboland,  the CO said you are good to go as of now to get your 2nd buck, had to go back to get my ladder stand and within minutes of me taking it down here comes buck #2 right to me, season was over by noon. 

Yeah, stupid rules for sure. If your allowed 2 bucks then shoot 2 bucks, period. 

I wrote into that survey thing the state sent out a couple of years ago and it asked for comments. I responded with why can't I take 2 deer at a time in my zone because it says unlimited in the doe total? Is it unlimited or is it limited? According to your rules I can shoot as many as I want at a time in unlimited zones. WELL, low and behold the next year the totals for doe's all had a numeric value instead of unlimited. The only unlimited zones you can take more than 1 deer at a time. Stupid rules! Do they want deer numbers down or not? If they allow 2 deer then we should be able to take 2 and go home, period. This would be management correct?

The idea behind it is to minimize buck kills to help increase quality while still allowing for opportunity.

There is always good reasoning behind most rules even if we don't know what is......people aren't just making up rules for the fun of it.

It's impossible to educate everyone to the point where they understand all the whys and where fores that results in rules.

I've seen it at work where a committee will study  a situation and make rules and then some folks who weren't in on the meetings will start mouthing off about how stupid they are.  Then you waste 30 minutes of your time explaining all the nuances of the situation and then they understand.  So I always give rule makers the benefit of the doubt.

Rules are made even if enforcement is near impossible. It's an honor system I guess. So many ways you can circumvent this rule that it's almost impossible to enforce. I won't give anyone any ideas but you can figure them out. LOL

In the "old days" of physically checking in deer this rule made it more complicated but even then it could be circumvented. 

Edited by archer36