IGNORED

220" Whitetail - great video, Don Higgins

JHbowhunter

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Just think about it. How many hunters do you have on your property to think you make a difference? We have 14. 

We have made a difference, that’s a fact. You may disagree but there is a reason they are heading my way. Think about it

AWM

44 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

We have made a difference, that’s a fact. You may disagree but there is a reason they are heading my way. Think about it

I don't disagree with a fact every single person can make a difference. However, to see any good results you need collective effort by many.
If all of the deer feeding on our farm went to your side you would have to hunt from the street in fear of getting run over. Deer on our farm bed down in our woods on the south side, against the track, they bed down on the west side thickets. Many cross the tracks in many locations on the south or east side and go to parks, river bottom habitat and some good wooded area. We even have a group spending the day at the cemetery in the middle of the farm and many stay in the corn. And yes some go your way and some bed down between the houses before they get to you.
The point I am trying to make is you are too small for the area to feel the difference from your good or bad  hunting practices simply because of the numbers.  If our hunters did not show restrain, which you implied we don't,  we would take 84 bucks every season and how many bucks do you think you would see then? Again how many hunters do you have on your property? multiply this by 6 and thats your potential impact. To say what you said "you have good deer because we let countless 110" walk" is not very logical when you consider the numbers of hunters on each property, the huge habitat extending way beyond our two farms, and the number of deer. If it was in fact your side in retstrain and our side shooting them at 84 bucks per year you would never see a single buck. If you reverse this, with your side kiling everything in sight, we would still have mane bucks to pick from because they come from all different directions in great numbers and because you can only legally kill few of them.
Anyway, why are we arguing? We have something good going in this area so lets not search for something bad that is not there.

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I don't disagree with a fact every single person can make a difference. However, to see any good results you need collective effort by many.
If all of the deer feeding on our farm went to your side you would have to hunt from the street in fear of getting run over. Deer on our farm bed down in our woods on the south side, against the track, they bed down on the west side thickets. Many cross the tracks in many locations on the south or east side and go to parks, river bottom habitat and some good wooded area. We even have a group spending the day at the cemetery in the middle of the farm and many stay in the corn. And yes some go your way and some bed down between the houses before they get to you.
The point I am trying to make is you are too small for the area to feel the difference from your good or bad  hunting practices simply because of the numbers.  If our hunters did not show restrain, which you implied we don't,  we would take 84 bucks every season and how many bucks do you think you would see then? Again how many hunters do you have on your property? multiply this by 6 and thats your potential impact. To say what you said "you have good deer because we let countless 110" walk" is not very logical when you consider the numbers of hunters on each property, the huge habitat extending way beyond our two farms, and the number of deer. If it was in fact your side in retstrain and our side shooting them at 84 bucks per year you would never see a single buck. If you reverse this, with your side kiling everything in sight, we would still have mane bucks to pick from because they come from all different directions in great numbers and because you can only legally kill few of them.
Anyway, why are we arguing? We have something good going in this area so lets not search for something bad that is not there.

Most big bucks and I mean big bucks in that area get big by living in the sanctuary of the houses, exactly where your buck was heading, so I'm sure his side benefits your side:up:

Edited by bucky