IGNORED

Cabela's Just Restricted Ammo Sales To New Jersey..

Fishman

A friend called and said he tried to buy Remington Premier STS 12 Gauge Ammo from Cabela's. When he tried to check out a message popped up and said ammo sales to NJ were restricted and referred him to customer service in the morning.

Edited by Fishman

• Fishman changed the title to Cabela's Just Restricted Ammo Sales To New Jersey..

This is old news by now. Tell your buddy not to even bother calling in the morning. Sucks that they turned their backs on us. They can legally sell to us, as many others still do, they just choose not to so they can avoid what they view as a hassle. I will never purchase from them again. Most of the time the prices are better on Amazon anyway

Edited by birdshotnj

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Yup - once the merger was finalized, they followed the policies of BassPro and stopped shipping all ammo (even shotgun shells) to NJ. I've said it before, the merger with BassPro is destroying what Cabelas used to be.

Cannot agree more. Cabelas was one of our favorite stops on the way to Hershey. Kids loved strolling the store and i would always pick up some shooting supplies. No we do not bother, not even worth a potty stop!!!

Not only did they stop selling ammo on line to NJ residents, or at least shipping it to NJ, they also no longer ship fire arms to a licensed FFL AND they require you to ship any firearm purchased on line to a store in your state.  So, if I purchase a firearm on line I can no longer go pick it up in Del, I would need to pick it up in AC.

3 strikes and you are out, I am done with Bass Pro.

No reason to go to Cabela's anymore. They had a great selection on any hunting equipment you were looking for but that was then, it isn't now. I know I will not make the trip again.
I believe this is how the liberals will eventually disarm us. Its a trend building up for some time. We will have guns but no bullets

Edited by Lunatic

Outside of this area- the stores are still great. They chose a business model that works for them, screws us lol

We Went to 5 different stores between BP and cabelas RV road tripping chasing birds. All the stores were amazing and had everything you could want- pa/de/nj are crap