IGNORED

Ammo Preference - 6 Day

I'm up about 16 feet in a stand. I have thick stuff to the right of me running parallel, and opening in front and to the left.....was figuring on using slugs but im expecting to see some to the right in the thickness ( however some of the thickness is where i enter, tho i do piss on my boots when i walk in to my stand.

4 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I always use my knight muzzy.  300 gr barnes expander with 120gr of loose 777 powder.  Pick a spot, squeeze trigger and deer will be dead in its tracks 100% of the time!

Yeah my buddy swears by his Muzzy. I don't have one yet but it will be one of my future purchases.

11 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

slugs always 

Slugs when I feel inclined to break out a gun...

More often than not I just stick with the bow.  So...Gold Tip Hunter Pro.  3 AAE Max Stealth Vanes. 100g Ethics Archery Stainless Steel Insert.  100g broadhead.  This season it's been Magnus Black Hornets or Slick Trick Viper Tricks, although I have a few other heads that I love to zip through deer

28 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I always use my knight muzzy.  300 gr barnes expander with 120gr of loose 777 powder.  Pick a spot, squeeze trigger and deer will be dead in its tracks 100% of the time!

I own a TC, CVA, & Knight..Knight is nicest by far

52 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Slugs when I feel inclined to break out a gun...

More often than not I just stick with the bow.  So...Gold Tip Hunter Pro.  3 AAE Max Stealth Vanes. 100g Ethics Archery Stainless Steel Insert.  100g broadhead.  This season it's been Magnus Black Hornets or Slick Trick Viper Tricks, although I have a few other heads that I love to zip through deer

I must say I am more attracted to bow hunting - idk why i just am. Maybe its the "fairness" per say..I have a Quest and presently using Montec fixed broadhead 100 gr on victory arrow shaft. Havent gotten anything yet with the bow, but since 6day is next week im using a 12 pump and wanted some feedback on which way i should lean. Probably going to use slugs since i have more opening where my stand is, even tho i have some thickness to the right.

What choke is your barrel? Full choke, cylinder, improved cylinder, modified?  It matters!

Me I use 3 1/2" 00 full choke.  Sometimes I use my turkey choke!

My buddy has a 10 guage double barrel muzzleloader that he uses 6 day and permit shotgun.  Lol!  That things a beast!

23 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

What choke is your barrel? Full choke, cylinder, improved cylinder, modified?  It matters!

Me I use 3 1/2" 00 full choke.  Sometimes I use my turkey choke!

My buddy has a 10 guage double barrel muzzleloader that he uses 6 day and permit shotgun.  Lol!  That things a beast!

If you are asking me then my muzzy and my shotgun has rifle barrel 

Edited by Lunatic

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

If you are asking me then my muzzy and my shotgun is a rifle

I was asking the OP.  What choke his barrel has should be known before he decides whether he uses buckshot or a slug.  He should go to a range and shoot different sizes of buckshot and slugs to see how each shoots and patterns.