Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Only deer I saw from stand (Zone 14) was when I got busted pulling up my xbow at 110PM...doe with fawn and 2.5yo buck in tow. River is now 7 yards from my stand...should be 150 yards away. I'm in a mean pinch point as a result but gotta be on pins and needles the whole time now...

Edited by Michael Britt
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Only deer I saw from stand (Zone 14) was when I got busted pulling up my xbow at 110PM...doe with fawn and 2.5yo buck in tow. River is now 7 yards from my stand...should be 150 yards away. I'm in a mean pinch point as a result but gotta be on pins and needles the whole time now...

I watched the river flood warning on weather underground constantly getting pushed later and later and wondered how bad some of the river and creek bottoms must be. You answered my question haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Passed in some does in afternoon. Only shot in sfyernoon came from 75 yr old guy in opposite corner of field.  I dragged it for him so he could just walk back. His feet hurt and legs unsteady. Found out he grew up not far from me and we went to same small grammer school. Just 18 years apart. Ot was great  to see someone with not thr best health still out there hinting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

Passed in some does in afternoon. Only shot in sfyernoon came from 75 yr old guy in opposite corner of field.  I dragged it for him so he could just walk back. His feet hurt and legs unsteady. Found out he grew up not far from me and we went to same small grammer school. Just 18 years apart. Ot was great  to see someone with not thr best health still out there hinting. 

That's awesome very nice of you! Getting old sucks. I used to be a hunting machine hence my username.I haven't been hunting since I moved from Essex county out here to Clinton. I'd go myself but it's not the same as having a buddy to hunt with. I have all the equipment but energy and strength and having COPD keeps me down. Sorry for the hijack, I enjoy being on here and reading about other's hunts, carry on guys & gals👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

That's awesome very nice of you! Getting old sucks. I used to be a hunting machine hence my username.I haven't been hunting since I moved from Essex county out here to Clinton. I'd go myself but it's not the same as having a buddy to hunt with. I have all the equipment but energy and strength and having COPD keeps me down. Sorry for the hijack, I enjoy being on here and reading about other's hunts, carry on guys & gals👍

It is a shame. I know many guys who can no longer make it to the woods they once enjoyed. So it was my pleasure to help the guy out. His name was Bob also. I asked if he planned on being out for 6 day also so I can check in on him then also. I hate hearing about guys not able to get out there anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...