IGNORED

Share your mobile treestand or saddle set up

kanigie

2 hours ago, Monsterbuks3006 said:

Was thinking about purchasing a lineman's belt. I was looking at some DIY's, but was also looking at TETHRD, with a ropeman1 instead of the knot. Any suggestions?

I am using this and I prefer over the rope. Very light, it firs in my pocket  and it’s one had adjustment as you climb 

Hunter Safety System LCS Lineman's Climbing Strap, Black Original version

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P5H3N4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_dlC_NY7WFb8ZM8PEM

A538CD94-B82F-4F8D-B470-998957065BEE.png

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Just received my daisy chain mod.(thanks yoda).  Hard to believe the weight rating on these

20201128_184615.jpg

While daisy chain may be slightly faster I didn’t like how flimsy the tree wrap was .

time spent settling them up ends up being more time than the wrap on the 1/4” .

and I think the 1/4” will give more abrasion resistance .

‘you will like how quiet it is on the tree for sure 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

While daisy chain may be slightly faster I didn’t like how flimsy the tree wrap was .

time spent settling them up ends up being more time than the wrap on the 1/4” .

and I think the 1/4” will give more abrasion resistance .

‘you will like how quiet it is on the tree for sure 

I know it will definitely sag more than the strap and I still may go the rope route but will see how I like these.  Def very light and will be quiet 

On 11/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, kanigie said:

I'm a size 11 and it's tight with my 1600 gram lacrosses! My lights boot, no problem.

What method were you using for 2 sticks to get that height?

f7664717d0b1343c74e46377ac3ec083.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Your feet barely fit on that thing . How in Gods name do you move around in that without going overboard . As I get older stands get bigger not smaller . I give you credit but that is definitely not for me . 

3 hours ago, Monsterbuks3006 said:

Was thinking about purchasing a lineman's belt. I was looking at some DIY's, but was also looking at TETHRD, with a ropeman1 instead of the knot. Any suggestions?

You don’t have to buy Tethrd’s lineman rope - any lineman rope will suffice, but I do highly recommend the ropeman 1 over a prusik knot. One hand use makes it easier, safer and faster to climb. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

Lone wolf stand, lone wolf sticks

20201129_110402.jpg

So when you get to your tree do you take your sticks off and then put them together to climb? I don't see any straps on your sticks, do you put them on at the same time?

Edited by Lunatic

2 hours ago, Russ 11 said:

Your feet barely fit on that thing . How in Gods name do you move around in that without going overboard . As I get older stands get bigger not smaller . I give you credit but that is definitely not for me . 

And you can't widen your stand to get more stability for the shot.

Straps are in a pack and go around the 

18 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So when you get to your tree do you take your sticks off and then put them together to climb? I don't see any straps on your sticks, do you put them on at the same time?

Straps are in a pack attached to my waist. Straps are taken out of pack and go around tree / steps as I climb.

20201129_113121.jpg

44 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I'm kinda in the same boat.   Now with the daisy chain I might attach the one end snd wrap around stick if I decide I like if not will be going with the rope instead.

I use a combination of sticks and steps to climb. If I can't land on a limb  using Lone Wolf or Novix sticks I bring a Muddy for my top stick. I carry Cranford rope on steps to gain height or get around limbs and expand my shooting coverage at the top. My lightest sticks are the Novix mini's with the Versastraps, Versastraps suck  for the pine trees so I just tie the buckleless mod way. If I'm using long sticks I strap my bow to my pack and carry the sticks.

IMG_0336[2429].jpg

18 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

How do you guys carry a day pack and clothes and bow/gun for an all day sit?

I attach my coat to the outside of my back pack. Gun I carry, I did buy an Eberlestock pack  with a gun sheath but only used it once because the pack weights 6 pounds.